Chapter 2: Two Clowns and a Cat

After an eventful night Filia and the Player managed to get themselves a good night's sleep in the Poorman's Hotel.

The next morning Filia and Samson were the first to wake up. They sat by the Player's side carefully observing him as he tossed and turned in his sleep, they were under the impression he was having some kind of nightmare.

"Nnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaa-....."

He was lightly grunting for an excessively long time while Filia watched over him.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Samson asked.

"He must be having a really bad dream." Filia answered looking a bit worried. "Should we wake him?"

"I'll do it." Samson took to his bodily form and turned around so that he was facing the Player. He raised his hand and gave a swift slap across his face. "Wake up!"

"S-Samson! Did you hit him?!" Filia was facing the opposite direction so she couldn't tell what was going on but judging from the sound it was clear that Samson had hit him.

"No. Don't be silly, kid." He brought his hand back around and proceeded to slap and backslap the Player repeatedly. "Wakey! Wakey!"

Eventually the slaps started to work as the Player began to awaken. "Uuuuggghhh...." He began to groan.

"Is he ok?" Filia asked in concern.

"Yeah. He's waking up, oh well. It was fun while it lasted." Samson gave a small sigh of disappointment.

The Player opened his eyes to Samson, "What? O-Ow...why does my face hurt?" he placed a hand on his sore cheek and began to rub it.

Samson shrugged with a smirk, "I have no earthly idea."

Before the Player could question Samson's expression the troublesome parasite had reverted back to his regular form on the back of Filia's head. After regaining complete control over herself Filia faced the Player once again.

"You were doing a lot of moving around in your sleep. Like you were having a nightmare, you were even sweating. Are you feeling ok now?" She placed her hand upon his forehead to see if he had a fever.

"Stop babying him, Filia. He probably dumped us here and went out partying, came back hungover and passed out." Samson added.

"You really think I'd do something like that? Gee, thanks, Samson."

"Don't mind him." Filia stated reassuringly, "I'm just glad we're all ok. Last night was pretty rough and...Carol."

"Oh yeah." The Player snapped his finger, "Your friend, I forgot that we lost her last night. I'm sorry."

Filia shook her head at his apology and smiled sheepishly. "D-Don't apologize! Look on the bright side, we're safe and we might even find her again...someday. You saved Samson and me, right?"

"Yep and I got us this hotel for the night. I felt bad for leaving you guys when I did back at the church."

"That was a pretty bitchy move." Samson added insult to injury only to earn himself a bonk on the head from Filia, though she ultimately ended up just hitting herself but it was nothing.

"You're a really good friend. Thanks for saving us. Samson's grateful too."

Samson huffed at Filia's claim.

"Right, Samson? The least you can do is give him a thank you." Filia turned her head so that the two boys were face to face.

"..." Samson remained quiet but soon the Player greeted him with puppy dog eyes and a fairly innocent look, this made Samson shiver and turn his glare to the side but the look from the Player was now stuck in his mind and he knew he couldn't be a bad sport to such a face. "Ugh...Thanks for not being a total pansy."