Valentine's Day Special (2018)

Filia was sound asleep in bed enjoying a well earned nap.

She soon awakens and gently wipes the sleep out of her eye before looking over to the clock on the nightstand beside her.

"...8pm? Jeez. I must've been more tired than I thought. Hey, Samson? Are you up?"

There was no response. If Samson was sleeping the lack loud snoring was a pleasant surprise.

Filia, not wanting to disturb Samson's peace, let him be and stretches.

The bedroom door opened and the Player entered with a tray of food and a milkshake, Filia's favorite.

"Oh, good. You're up." He said with a smile. He closed the door behind himself and walks over the bed. "I thought you'd be hungry after being asleep for so long so I brought you dinner."

The aroma was intoxicating and judging by the steam it was fresh out the oven. "My goodness. It smells like Squigly outdid herself." Filia comments as she sat up on the bedside.

"Actually, I made this." The Player chuckled.

"You did?"

"Mhm. I've been learning how to cook. I wanted to see if I could make your taste buds sing."

He put the tray on nightstand and the sight nearly made Filia drool. She would've dug in if not for the Player placing his hands on her shoulders and lowering her onto her back.

The Player's actions left Filia speechless. She didn't know what he was doing, nor did she know how to react, but as they laid there in silence she rediscovered the ability to speak, "What are you doing?" she asked curiously, but not alarmed.

The Player gazes upon Filia's with a charming glance, their eyes locked in an intense stare down.

"Filia, I have to come clean and tell you something."

"You do? What's up?"

"It's a little embarrassing to say it outright, but, the thing is... I like you."

Thumpthump...

Filia could swear she heard her heartbeat the moment he revealed his secret. Her eyes widen and she didn't say a word, the shock on her face spoke volumes.

"I really do like you, Filia." The Player reiterates. "I like you a lot. In fact, I think it's bordering on love. There's never a moment when I'm not thinking about you."

Filia looks away to try hiding her embarrassment, but her cheeks gave it away thanks to their deep red tone, and if that weren't enough her body felt a special fire that set her soul ablaze.

Her heart was beating at an accelerated rate. Amidst the sudden whirlpool of emotions she knew she had to answer him.

"Y-You're not being yourself... You know that right?" She couldn't make eye contact no matter how many times she told herself to face him like a woman.

Filia gave him a tender smile and closed her eyes, gently clenching her fist to ease her fluttering heart.

"Actually, hearing that from you makes me really happy. It feels like my heart is going to pop out of my chest."

"Filia..."

Hearing her name be uttered so affectionately made Filia open her eyes and meet his gaze.

The two look deep into each other's eyes and before they could dwell on it any longer the Player lowers himself to her face. Filia visibly gulps and allowed herself to get caught in the moment, closing her eyes to let him have her.