Chapter 1: Tracking the Artifact

It was the start of a beautiful night in the marvelous neon lit city of New Meridian. The Player was now acquainted with his new friend, Filia, and ready to help her in this quest. Sharing the adventure with the humans was Filia's parasitic hair companion, Samson.

The group stood in an alleyway to discuss plans for the search ahead of them.

"So, do you have any intel?" The Player asked Filia as he laid up against a wall with his arms crossed.

By the time Filia had met the Player she was already out of leads and had to rely on sources from her parasite. She may not have known anything but Samson did.

"Well?" Her eyes shifted to the right to show she was addressing Samson.

"It's definitely in New Meridian...I can feel it." Samson answered feeling certain of himself. "Between all the Skullgirls sightings and rumors I think if we just look for trouble we're bound to run into someone who can lead us to what we're looking for."

The Player gave an uncertain look at Samson's claim and had doubts about causing a commotion for answers, "Um, you sure about that chief? Wouldn't it make more sense to be all...ninja style for this? I mean wouldn't picking fights with random people draw more attention to us? Maybe police attention?"

"Hey! Nobody asked you!" Samson exclaimed as a cartoony red vein formed upon 'his' head.

"What?! I'm just saying your plan is stupid and it doesn't make any sense!" The Player retaliated, " 'Oh, I'm a hair demon thing and I'll just beat the crap out of everyone until some random pedestrian tells me what I want to know. I'm so smart! '" The Player mocked Samson by mimicking his tone to explain his sentence.

Samson gritted his teeth and started flailing about, because he was attached of Filia's head it forced her to jerk back and forth as she grunted with each violent sway. "Kid, I will kick your ass!"

"I will drown you in shampoo!"

"Guys, stop it!" Filia raised her voice at the two in an attempt to get them to settle down.

"...HE STARTED IT!" Both the boys shouted at the same time.

Filia sighed at their bickering, the two were older than she was but based on their interaction it was clear Filia would be the mature one of the group. "Look...we're a team now so we have to work together if we're going to help each other reach our goals. How will we be able to make any progress if all we do is argue?" The guy's remained silent and pouty toward one another...Filia knew it was going to be a tough journey.

Samson huffed at them. "I still think my idea is better." He stated still adamant in his choice.

"...Fine." Filia said hesitantly. "We'll do it your way."

The Player held out his arms, a bit surprised Filia agreed to Samson's plan. "What?"

"Ha!" Samson teased as he stuck his tongue out.

"Samson knows a lot more about the trail we're on than I do so let's just follow his plan first. If it doesn't work out we can try something else, ok?"

The Player sighed and briefly raised his hands in a 'whatever' gesture. "Alright, you win...but how exactly do you plan on going about this?"

Wasting no time Samson had took a form of his own: growing a body, arms and legs. He stood upright as Filia dangled in the air. Samson was a lot taller than Filia herself so her feet would naturally be off of the ground whenever Samson took this bodily form. He ran out into the streets, starting a street brawl with the biggest and toughest looking guys around. The Player had to make haste and follow behind Samson's rampage trail. The parasite kept this up for about an hour. At this point he was just having fun beating the crap out of everyone.