Halloween Special: A Nightmare in Canopy Finale

Having run through an endless loop until having a mental breakdown Parasoul soon finds herself laying in a dark abyss. She is gently cradled by the darkness around her as it slowly pulls her deeper down.

"What's happening to me?" She asks in a weak tone while her eyes rest. "It...feels like I'm falling. Wait. No... Umbrella!" She awakens only to find herself in a void. "Where am I? What's going on?!"

"Don't worry." A mature and feminine voice from the darkness spoke out to her. "You're safe."

"Who is that? Show yourself!" She tried moving but found that she was unable to move her limbs. "Can't...move."

"Sssssh. It's ok, you're with friends now."

"What? What have you done to me? Where's Umbrella?!"

"So many questions. You're too beautiful for stress, if you're not careful it'll end up killing you."

"Just tell me where my sister is!"

"Hm. I suppose I could answer a few questions before the big day. Alright, starting with your first question: 'Where am I?' You're safely tucked away in a hidden chamber in the physical realm but here we're residing in the safety of your mind."

"My mind?"

"Mhm. Pretty dark, isn't it? You should start thinking happy thoughts and get some light in here. Now let's move onto the next question: 'What's going on?!' It's nothing really. Nothing you need to worry your little head about, think of this as donating to charity."

"Donating? What are you talking about?"

"Your body. Y'see, my family and I have been dead for years and can't make it back to the physical world without bodies. When your sister came along it provided the opportune moment to give my daughter a body."

Parasoul's eyes widened in horror. "You're planning to possess and use our bodies?"

"Something like that. Though I don't like to consider it as 'your' body, since it'll be completely mine by the time it's over."

The princess tried to move once more but it was futile, she remained still and forced to struggle fruitlessly. "NNNGH! GAAAH!"

"You shouldn't strain yourself, dear. You're in a state of sleep paralysis and it's having a direct effect on your mental well-being so struggling is pointless."

"You're...going to regret this!"

"I'm already dead. There's nothing to regret." Among the darkness a woman faded into being, though based on her appearance she was intangible. The woman was gorgeous in appearance. "Yes, a body worthy of my soul."

"So you're the one."

The ghost woman nods. "Indeed. How about your last question now that we're all caught up? 'Umbrella', was it? She's safe. Nothing you need to worry about. Getting to know her new soul mate." She giggles delightfully.

Parasoul grits her teeth softly and closes her eyes. Right now there was nothing she could do and she closes her eyes. '...Player, Filia, Squigly. I hope they're ok.'

In the physical realm Parasoul and Umbrella are seen together in a state of sleep. Their bodies were left hanging on two Trinity crosses, their arms and legs tied up to mimic some form of crucifixion. The area where their bodies resided was an odd, almost aquatic like, pink limbo, resembling a spectral space.

The Player and Filia run down a long corridor in the west wing in search of their friends.

"Squigly said she was looking into the east wing, right?" The Player asked while leading Filia down the hall with the newly lit candlestick.