- Encore: Chapter 8 + 9 (Christmas Special 2017) -

December 24th

Although winter had only just begun a few days ago, Canopy was already blanketed in snow after being hit by a major storm.

School was out for the holidays and the final rush of the year kept citizens busy.

Kids were happy, but most adults weren't fond of the work that needed to be done in the elements to keep things moving in order, but nevertheless the atmosphere was full of the holiday spirit.

Diamond Park, New Meridian
11:45am

The Player, Filia, and Squigly were out with Umbrella and a lone Egret chaperoning the princess.

With the change in season, the group were outfitted into their winter clothes: The Player was wearing a black high collar jacket, skull cap, blue denim jeans and a pair of beige boots.

Filia had a cream pea coat and white scarf that matched her slouch beanie.

Her uniform skirt was visible from the bottom of her jacket, thankfully she had something on her legs: black leggings and of course her blocky shoes.

Squigly only needed her trench coat and not much else, wearing only her regular iconic red, white and black attire underneath.

She kept a pair of gloves on, not for keeping warm, but to have an excuse for covering up her skeletal hand, typical precaution.

The girls were all making snow angels on the playground and the Player was making snowmen by the teeter-totters.

"On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, a partridge in a pear tree," he was singing a holiday tune while making his snowman. "On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree. On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, two turtle d-"

In the middle of his song, a snowball smacked the back of his head, immediately stopping his Christmas cheer.

The Player paused before slowly turning his head at the girls, who were acting as if nothing happened.

It was impossible to tell who threw the snowball since they were all acting casual.

The Player squints at them, but turned back to his snowman, letting the first incident slide.

"On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me-"

Just as he got back into the song, a second snowball smacked the back of the Player's head.

He reacts by quickly snapping his attention to the girls, "Would you guys cut it ou-!" Three snowballs hit him in the face like a burst fire shot.

"Hahahaha!" Umbrella was hysterical, holding her sides with one hand and pointing to him with the other, "Did you guys see that? We destroyed him!"

Squigly covered her smile with her sleeve and giggled softly, "He never saw it coming."

"Maybe three snowballs back-to-back like that was a bit much?" Filia questioned while snickering mischievously.

Umbrella dismissed Filia's concern with a confident "pssssshaww," and one hand on her hip. "He'll be fine. No harm in a little fun. Right, Playe-?"

She was instantly silenced by an aggressive snowball headshot that struck her forehead the moment she turned in his direction.

Umbrella collapsed to her knees before falling forward, faceplanting into the snow.

Filia and Squigly were shocked at how fast the snowball came, but they wasted no time in aiding the princess.