Chapter 8: Seasons Beatings

Winter finally arrives in the Canopy Kingdom, blanketing the kingdom in the chilling embrace of snow. School was out for the holidays and the final rush of the year was upon the citizens. The kids were happy, but most adults weren't fond of all the work that needed to be done, especially when having to traverse in traffic during the persistent winter storms, but nevertheless the atmosphere was full of the holiday spirit, decorations of horror and fright were no more — replaced with love and warmth as were the themes for Christmas.

New Meridian
December 24th, 11:45am

The Player, Filia and Squigly were out at the public park with Umbrella and a lone Egret who went along to chaperone the princess. With the change in season the group were outfitted into their winter clothes: The Player was wearing a black high collar jacket, skull cap, blue denim jeans and a pair of beige boots.

Filia had a cream pea coat and white scarf that matched her slouch beanie. Her uniform skirt was visible from the bottom of her jacket, thankfully she had something on her legs: black leggings and of course her blocky shoes.

Unlike her friends Squigly only needed her trench coat and not much else, wearing only her regular iconic red, white and black attire underneath her heavy winter suited garment. She kept a pair of gloves on, not for keeping warm but to have an excuse for covering up her skeletal hand, typical precaution.

The girls were all making snow angels by the playground's playset and the Player was minding his own business by making snowmen by the teeter-totters.

"On the first day of Christmas the Skullgirl sent to me: A girl with a parasite." He was actually singing a whimsical holiday tune while making his snowman. "On the second day of Christmas the Skullgirl sent to me: two busty melons and a girl with a parasite. On the third day of Christmas the Skullgirl sent to me: three annoying tasks, two busty melons and a girl with a parasite. On the fourth day of Christmas the Skullgirl gave to me: four massive feels, three annoying tasks, two busty melons and a girl with a parasite. On the fifth day of Christmas the Skullgirl sent to me: fiiiive Heart Syncs, four massive feels, three annoying tasks, two busty melons and a girl with a parasiiiite."

In the middle of his song a snowball struck the back of his head, immediately stopping him in the middle of his Christmas cheer. He marinates in the realization that he was hit before slowly turning around with a squinted glare at the girls who were acting as if nothing happened.

Identifying the culprit wasn't possible since they were all acting so casually so the Player turns back to his snowman, letting the first incident slide. "On the sixth day of Christmas the Skullgirl-" Just as he got back into the song a second snowball struck him. He reacts just as fast to the strike and faces them. "Would you guys cut it ou-!" Three snowballs hit him in the face like a burst fire shot.

"Hahahaha!" Umbrella was hysterical, holding her sides with one hand and pointing to him with the other. "Did you guys see that? We destroyed him!"

Squigly covered her smile with her sleeve and giggles adorably. "He never saw it coming."

"Maybe three snowballs back-to-back like that was a bit much?" Filia questioned while also snickering mischievously.

Umbrella flags off Filia's concern with a confident "Pssssshaww!" — one hand on her hip while extending her index finger out toward Filia. "He'll be fine. No harm in a little fun. Right, Playe-?" She was instantly silenced by an aggressive headshot that struck her forehead the moment she turned in his direction. Umbrella collapses to her knees before landing face first into the snow.

Filia and Squigly were shocked at how fast the snowball came but they waste no time in going to aid the princess. "Umbrella? Umbrella!" Filia called out her name while shaking her.