three

Leilani

Leilani walked down the stairs to find her mom. Her parents house was too big or small. It was medium size. 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, the kitchen, and dining room. To most people it might seem big, but it isn't.

"Ma?" Leilani called out going inside of her parents room.

"I'm in here. Come on in." Lisa answered back.

Leilani walked into the room and sat on the bed while her mom sat at her vanity fixing her hair up nicely.

"How're feeling Lani?" her mom asked looking at Leilani through the mirror.

"Better. Still a little lightheaded." she said playing with her shirt.

"Leilani...I know I promised you I wouldn't get involved in your personal life, especially your love life, but I'm curious." Lisa said putting down the curling iron. She turned around and looked at Leilani. "Are you pregnant?"

Leilani heart rate sped up. She looked at her mom and shook her head. "No. I'm not."

Lisa looked at her for a few seconds before nodding. She had a feeling she was lying, but she couldn't really tell since Leilani was good at hiding her emotions.

Leilani was likely nervous since her mom use to read her like a book when she was a teen.

"Ok. I'm only 42. My grandmother mindset haven't came in yet anyways...but if you do get pregnant, I'll have them by the time my grand baby is born." she smiled and went back to curling her hair.

"Oh yeah, Lani, me and your dad are going to this get together in town tonight. You and Tyrell can stay here overnight if you're not feeling too well."

Leilani nodded her head. "Ok. I'll tell Ty."

"Mmhm. I think Levi is in his office if you want to tell him you're feeling better." Lisa said watching Leilani open the door. She nodded again then walked out.

"Poor girl." Lisa said to herself.

Leilani walked back upstairs where Tyrell was; in her old room. She walked inside and laid in the bed beside him.

Tyrell looked at the back of her head as she face the opposite direction of him. He felt some kinda way. He didn't know if he did some wrong or not.

"Bae.." he called out tapping her arm.

"What?"

"What's wrong? You still sick?"

"No..I'm good." Leilani answered.

She wanted to go to sleep. She didn't really want to talk to him at the moment, but the way he's easing into a conversation, she knew she wasn't about to get any sleep.

Tyrell sat up and pulled Leilani onto his lap so they were face to face. She weighed around 170 but she wasn't heavy at all to him since he's buffer, and taller than her.

"Talk to me. Why you being so distant?" Tyrell asked in a soft voice looking at her.

Leilani looked away and laid her head on his chest. Hearing his heart beat made her feel better than she was. Even though she felt like she was growing out of love with him, there was still love there.

Tyrell had his ways, but mostly whenever Leilani had an attitude and didn't want to be around her for awhile, or when it was that time of the month for her.

"Lani...you not saying anything ain't gonna fix whatever it is you feeling bro." Tyrell said rubbing her back.

He looked down at her ass seeing it was looking real grab-able. He licked his lips, and kept his hands on her back.

"I'm good Ty. I'll tell you about it in the morning.." she said sitting up to play with his ears.

"Leilani." Tyrell seriously.

Leilani held her head down. "I'll tell you—"

Tyrell snatched her hands away from his ears. "Nah man. We needa talk now. You been weird all day, and you want me to wait until tomorrow?"

Leilani started to climb off his lap but he held her down. "I ain't playing Lani."

"I'm not either the fuck?" Leilani mimicked him. "Let me go."

"You going through some shit you can't tell me bout? Got another nigga or some shawty?" Tyrell asked squinting his eyes.

She stayed quiet which made Tyrell even more irritated. "Fuck it." he said pushing her off him. "Come on, we finna go home."

"Ma said we could stay the night if I wasn't feeling better.." Leilani quickly said.

She knew if she leave now with him being mad he wasn't about to be nice to her. His anger sits on edge, and he could do anything to her when they're alone.

"I don't give a fuck. You look fine to me now, so we finna go home. I got shit to do tomorrow." Tyrell said grabbing his phone off the nightstand.

"I'm not going." Leilani snapped.

"See yo mouth always good for arguing." Tyrell said shaking his head.

There was a knock at the door. Tyrell looked at Leilani telling her to get it. She went to the door and opened it.

"We'll be back around 10 or 11. We don't plan on staying long anyways." Levi said fixing his tie. He looked down at Leilani. "What's wrong? You got a fever?" he asked feeling her forehead.

"No. I feel better, and have fun." Leilani said giving her dad a kiss on the cheek. He did the same to her before looking at Tyrell. "Y'all can stay the night or go home. Just be safe out there on these country ass roads." Levi told them.

Tyrell nodded. "Preciate it. We gonna head home though, I gotta go somewhere in the morning."

Levi nodded before giving his daughter a hug. "See you whenever. Make sure to call when y'all get home ok?"

"Ok." Leilani said softly.

"Levi! We should start heading out! It start at 8!" Lisa yelled from the bottom of the stair case.

"Alright! Y'all can head out with us." Levi said then walked out.

Leilani closed her eyes for a few seconds before turning around to grab her phone off the bed. She slid her feet into her shoes and left the room without saying a word to Tyrell.

Tyrell grabbed his keys and headed out behind her. Lisa and Levi said their goodbyes as everybody got into their cars and went their separate ways.

Leilani stared out the window at the dark trees as Tyrell went well over the speed limit on the empty road with music blasting.

She checked her phone like she had friends or anything. Her phone was just as dry as dirt.

It was going to be almost a hour drive, but they way Tyrell is driving, they would be home in 30 minutes.

She sighed leaning back in the seat closing her eyes. Leilani knew once the doors to their house shut, there wasn't no running.

_____

🥲hi. Hope you're having a great day/night.

Update next Sunday 💜