twenty

Leilani

later that night...

Leilani stirred in her sleep feeling warmer than she usually does in her bed. She flipped to her left bumping into Amir sleeping peacefully.

The images from earlier flooded her head. She covered her mouth hopping out of the bed only to fall hard with a thump sound.

"Oww." she said to herself. She crawled towards the door trying to be as quiet as possible.

"What're you doing, Lani?" Amir asked sounding like he's been awake for a while.

She looked back at him. "Bathroom."

Amir laughed getting out of her bed. He walked over her, picking her up with ease. Leilani smiled hanging onto his bare back tightly.

Amir placed her on her feet once they reached the bathroom. "Want me to help you?"

Leilani shooed him away. "No, I can handle this."

Amir chuckled leaving her by herself.

Leilani sat on the toilet leaning her head back. "Ten out of ten." she mumbled to herself.

She did her business, and walked out of the bathroom finding Amir in her refrigerator. "You stay in my food."

Amir grabbed him a lunchable and a capri-sun. "You know my refrigerator empty."

"We went shopping for food the other day, Amir." Leilani said confused on how he could eat everything so fast.

Amir sat down on her couch. "Well I only gotten shit for the week, not the two weeks or month like usual."

He ripped the paper back beginning to make his small ham and cheese sandwich with the crackers. "Besides, I eat out more since I don't be home all the time."

"Mmhm." she dragged out sitting across from him in her oversized shirt.

She sat crisscrossed watching him. He poked the straw into his juice and drunk some. Looking up, he noticed Leilani was staring at him.

"What? You look like you wanna jump on me again." he said with a small laugh.

Leilani sat up straight on the couch placing her hands on her knees. "You were the one that jumped me." she corrected.

"How so?"

Leilani pointed at him. "You came knocking on my door, shirtless, no shoes, and hard as a rock."

Leilani crossed her arms. "I'm surprised you didn't come over fully naked."

Amir laughed with a wide smile. "Aye, it ain't my fault. I held myself back as long as I could."

Leilani giggled dropping her head. "Were you holding back yesterday?"

"Did it seem like it?"

She shook her head. "No, but if you were then I don't think I can handle you." Leilani said jokingly, but seriously at the same time.

"You? Shit, I don't think I'll be able to handle you." Amir said blowing a breath out.

Leilani went over to sit beside him. She laid her legs on his lap. "I'm not easy to handle, but I'm sure you knew that already. Anyway, do you have class tomorrow? I was thinking we could hang out around the city or something. Since we never really had time to."

"I'm free tomorrow after 12." Amir told her. "We can do whatever you want."

Leilani smiled. "Ok." She sat up, and kissed his cheek before heading back into her room.

*****

Amir pov
The next day...

"Damn nigga whew you been at? I called you yesterday." Shawn said looking at Amir.

"I was busy, and I didn't see any calls."

"I called you at least 5 times. You must've been fucking?" Shawn questioned. "About time." he mumbled.

Amir waved him off. "What I was doing ain't yo business as of right now. What you was calling me for?"

Shawn pulled out a black folder handing it to Amir. "Here some more shit on ole dude. We got his location and it seems he moved out of that house, and into an apartment about 15 minutes away from yo place."

Amir opened the folder reading through the paper. He didn't understand why Shawn had one sheet of paper inside of a big folder, but he didn't ask any questions.

Amir looked at the address. "No wonder he had time to show up."

Shawn tapped the table to get Amir's attention. "Aye, you doing all this for that girl?"

"For the both of us." Amir said.

He really was tired of Tyrell, and him witnessing for himself seeing Tyrell raise his hand at Leilani pissed him off even more. So someone had to leave, him or Tyrell. But he wasn't an option either way.

"Damn, I need me a girl." Shawn said. "I bet both of y'all crazy as hell. You crazy as fuck and she can't be too far behind."

Amir laughed at Shawn's stupidity. "Shut up, Shawn."

Shawn smiled. "I must've been right."

"She ain't showed me she crazy, but I know she is. Everybody is a little crazy." Amir said. "But not too much on her." Amir said holding his hand out as a 'stop' motion.

Amir stood up from his chair folding the paper up and putting it in his pocket. "Ight I gotta go. I got plans. Preciate you."

Shawn nodded. "Pussy whipped nigga."

Amir waved his off again. "Shut yo ass up."

"Mean ass." Shawn mumbled as Amir walked to his car.

Amir hopped in, started his car up, and honked at Shawn before leaving.

Amir smiled to himself realizing he was gonna spend the rest of the day with Leilani.

He pulled his phone out dialing her number. She answered on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Wassup?"

Leilani rumbled around. "I'm getting dressed. I'm ready whenever you are since I know you're not home yet."

Amir nodded as if she could see him. "Ok, I'll just come to you after I take a quick shower."

"Where you at? The school?"

"Nah, I'm on the way home now. I just left from over my homeboy house." Amir said stopping at a red light.

"Ok, ok. Drive safe, and I have a small present for you. It's nothing much, but I just think it will look good on you."

Amir could hear the excitement in Leilani's voice. "Damn, you making me feel bad...I didn't get you nothing."

"Don't worry about it. It's just something that made me think about you." Leilani said trailing off. "Ouu I'll see you when you get here, Amir."

Before Amir could say anything else, she hung up. He laughed putting his main focus back on the road as the light turned green.

___________

Lol sorry for the way overdue update. I'm lazy😭

Working on chapter 21 rn

Ok byee!

Excuse any mistakes🫶🏾