twenty-seven

Leilani
Thanksgiving

Leilani stood in her full length mirror brushing her hair out. She did a once over of her outfit. Her and Amir were at her parents house for thanksgiving, and his parents and some of his family members were coming over also.

She slid her glasses on and flipped her hair over her shoulder doing a little shimmy. "So cute."

Amir walked into the room looking her up and down. "Damn, you tryna get stuffed and ate?"

Leilani laughed at his corny joke. "I would love to actually."

Amir wrapped his arms around her waist kissing her lips. She smiled at him. "You have lipgloss on your lips. Sassy."

Amir smacked his lips. "Don't play." Amir said poking her forehead.

Leilani stuck her tongue out at him when he turned away from her. She looked him up and down realizing they were kind of matching.

She wasn't going to mention it though. "Let's take a picture, Amir."

"Ight." Amir said standing behind her in the mirror staring at her. "You're so beautiful."

Leilani blushed. "Thank you."

Leilani held her phone up in front of them for the mirror picture. She took a few pictures and some videos.

"We're cute or whatever." Leilani said looking through the photos.

Amir tilted her head back kissing her again. He bit her bottom lip softly. He spun her around grabbing her phone and pressed record, and kissed her longer and more passionate.

Leilani grabbed the sides of his jacket moaning in between the kisses.

Amir slowly broke the kiss. Leilani looked up at him out of breath. "Ha... shit." Leilani breathed out.

"Yeah, we do look good together, huh?" Amir asked with a laugh ending the video. He looked at her with a little grin. "Yo' mom wanted you to come downstairs."

Leilani covered her mouth nodding. "You're wild."

Amir handed her phone back to her. "Send me that video later."

Leilani nodded leaving out of the room. She jogged downstairs to the kitchen where her mom and grandmother were.

"You called ma?" Leilani asked.

Lisa turned around pointing the tongs at her making Leilani jump back. "Go to the store for me, and get some juice, lemonade, drinks, or whatever you can carry. Take Amir with you if you need to."

Leilani frowned not wanting to go out into the cold. "Where daddy at?"

"That fool in the backyard with yo' drunk ass uncles. I need him back there to keep them from falling in my garden." Lisa said turning back around to check the food in the oven. "Buy some ice too. I'll give you my card, it's in my purse."

"Damn Lisa, you talking fast as hell and ordering my grand baby around like she her daddy." Rosa, Leilani's grandmother said.

Leilani laughed but she caught onto everything her mom was saying. "I got it grandma. Where's your purse ma?"

"In the room."  Lisa said Barry paying Leilani any attention.

"I'll be back, and I'm taking your truck!" Leilani yelled jogging back upstairs.

"Amir." Leilani called out in a sweet voice.

"What you want me to do?" Amir asked already knowing she needed something.