twenty-eight

Leilani
December 25th

"Merry Christmas!" Leilani yelled walking into her parents house. Of course, with Amir behind her.

"Lani!" Lisa yelled equally loud.

Amir covered one of his ears. "Merry Christmas." he said.

"Where's daddy?" Leilani asked. "It's quiet."

Lisa kissed her teeth. "That fool in the kitchen remaking the mac and cheese cause his dumb ass dropped the first pan."

"Ma, you letting him cook?" Leilani asked whispering.

"That's the only thing he can cook anyway. Let him be." Lisa said looking between them, then started smiling.

"So, what kind of present did y'all get for me?"

Leilani gave Amir the bag she held. "Not yet."

Lisa huffed with a pout. "You Mariah or something?" she walked away dragging her feet.

Leilani and Amir walked up to her room. They sat their gifts down by the closet and stretched out on the bed.

"Why is the drive so long here?" Leilani sighed closing her eyes.

Amir side-eyed her. "You didn't even drive."

"Being a passenger is just as tiring." Leilani mumbled throwing her legs over his stomach. "You said you wanted to know your way over here whenever you're by yourself, so."

Amir sighed grabbing a pillow and putting it under his head. He pulled Leilani to straddle him. He stared at her face.

She had her natural hair out today, and he was loving it way more than he usually do. "You get prettier every day, Lani."

Leilani smiled laying her head on his chest. "Stop it."

Amir massaged her lower back above her butt with one hand and his other played with her curly hair.

He placed both hands on the side of her cheeks, then kissed her whole face.

Leilani laughed when he trailed down to her neck. She was ticklish in most places Amir loved to kiss her.

Leilani sat up straight on top on him.

"You should get your hair twisted." Leilani said looking over him. "It'll fit you."

Amir touched his hair. "I don't really want a random person playing in my hand."

"I'll do it." Leilani said. "You see me with mine twisted, right?"

"It looked good too." Amir nodded. "When?"

Leilani smiled. "Whenever, but not today."

Amir leaned up wrapping his arms around her waist. He laid his head on her chest.

Leilani laughed. "What?"

"Nothing. You're just comfortable, and calming."

Leilani hugged him and they stayed like that for a couple of minutes before they heard Leilani's name being called from downstairs.

She groaned not wanting to leave. Amir let go of her so she could go to her mother.

Leilani dragged herself downstairs going to the living room. She stood at the door looking at Dj, Tyrell's homegirl sat on the couch. She stood up when she seen Leilani.

Leilani looked at her, then at Lisa. "What the hell?" Leilani asked confused.

"Imma let y'all talk." Lisa said leaving the room.