twelve

Leilani

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

Rin—!

Leilani slapped her hand on her phone screen that laid beside her head.

She groaned opening her eyes to check the time.

6:30am

"Fuck." she mumbled under her breath. She didn't want to move. She was very much comfortable where she laid.

Amiri's arm that laid across her waist pulled her closer. He was sleeping.

The loud alarm did nothing to him.

"Amiri.." Leilani said lifting his arm up only for him to unconsciously hug her tighter.

Leilani stared at the wall in front of her. She told Amiri last night she would be gone by 7, but he was making it hard for her to even want to leave.

She just didn't want to become a burden to anyone. She also didn't want Amiri to do everything for her even when he say he doesn't mind.

Leilani knew Amiri did everything from his heart and not just to be viewed as a good person. She felt the genuineness from every move he made.

At that moment Leilani mind drifted to the abortion she just got yesterday. She didn't regret it, but she did feel some type of way.

She felt...empty.

Empty for multiple reasons. More reasons she could think of.

Suddenly, Leilani felt light cramps in her stomach. She winced, and groaned a little which caused Amiri to wake up.

Amiri hovered over her to look in her face. "What's wrong? Are you hurtin'?"

Leilani nodded. "A little but I'm ok."

She took the chance to get out of his bed since she wasn't pinned down by his naked arm.

"Have any Tylenol or something?" Leilani asked looking around his now semi-messy room.

It was cleaner but they chilled a little too hard last night, and got carried away.

Amiri pushed the covers off of him, and slid out of the bed. He did a stretch then went over to his dresser opening a drawer.

He pulled out a ziplock bag with pills in it.

Leilani looked at him weirdly. "What's that?"

"Mixed pain medication." Amiri said opening the curtains so the sunlight could light the room up.

Amiri opened the bag while looking at Leilani. He chuckled to himself once he noticed the look on her face.

"Don't worry, I know exactly which one is what...here." Amiri said handing her two Tylenols. "You need to eat first so you won't get nauseated."

Leilani sat on the bed. Amiri was going to heat her up a hot pocket so she could take the medicine.

Leilani stared at the ceiling again like she did last night.

Her mind wondered off to Tyrell. She didn't know where he was...she could care less as long as he was far away from her.

She already ran away from problem after problem so running a little more wouldn't hurt her.

The sound of the microwave beeping knocked her out of her thoughts.

"Here you go." Amiri said grabbing a paper towel to put under the hot plate, and handed it to her. "It's hot, obviously, but..yeah."