seventeen

Leilani

February 20th, Leilani's Apartment..

"Yes ma, I just got home." Leilani told her mom as she laid her keys, and bags on the kitchen counter.

"Be sure to let me know if you need money, food, or anything ok?" Lisa said for the fourth time since they've been on the phone.

She wanted to make sure Leilani had everything she needed because she didn't want her to struggle if she didn't have to.

But since it's Leilani's first time living on her own, Lisa and Levi were kind of worried. They knew she was strong in her own way, but they definitely wanted her to get some protection, whether it's a gun, pepper spray, or a pocket knife.

Leilani lightly laughed at Lisa repeatedly saying the same thing. "I will ma, so you don't have to worry about me. I still have the money y'all sent me when I was at the hotel."

After a while, Leilani found out that her parents gave her the money. Her mom told her a few days after when she first sent it, but at the time she was going through so much with Tyrell, her being pregnant, and trying to stay safe, she forgot.

Amir also helped her out way more than she expected over the past month. They've grown so close in a short amount of time. They were basically best friends.

"Ok, ok. Just want to make sure. Don't stress yourself out, focus on school, and don't force anything on yourself, ok?"

"Aye aye, captain." Leilani said with a head nod.

"Alright I'll talk to you later. I love you." Lisa said.

"I love you too, ma." Leilani replied, and then they ended the call.

Leilani flopped down on her couch looking around her living room. She was loving the slight vibe of it even though it wasn't fully decorated to her style yet.

She closed her eyes letting her mind wander. Her life's going good and she was hoping deep down that it stayed that way.

During the past month, Leilani has been in and out of her apartment shopping for things she needed. Most of the time, Amir would be right behind her happy to just be around her wonderful personality. She didn't mind at all since she has some social anxiety when out by herself.

They both lived in the same apartment complex and on the same floor. Leilani and Amir would get food, and other necessities together sometimes.

She was happy to finally be in her own space, and in a nontoxic environment. Words couldn't explain the relief she felt whenever she would come home and just be comfortable.

A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts along with an incoming FaceTime call from Amir.

"Speak of the devil." Leilani laughed. She answered the phone, only showing her eyebrows on up in the camera.

"Open the door." Amir said once he realized she answered.

"No please? So rude." Leilani mumbled getting off of her couch.

"I'm never ru-"

Leilani hung up on him mid sentence. She laughed to herself with a smile on her face knowing he was going to be upset she cut him off.

"Hi." Leilani greeted him sweetly like she did nothing wrong.

Amir mugged her pushing her forehead softly. "Move your big ass head out of the way." he said walking in. "Hanging up on me and shit."

"Hey hey, shoes off." Leilani fussed dragging him back forcefully to the door.

"Damn your strong hulk ass." he dragged out. "Imma take my house shoes off in the house."