twenty-one

Leilani

Leilani stood in her bathroom mirror, applying her short, but cute lashes. She put concealer under her eyes, and other places on her face to brighten it up a little.

She prayed perfume on, then slapped her medium sized gold hoops on, and a gold necklace with her name on it. Her hair was in a ponytail. Having her hair up was becoming one of her favorites since Amir pointed it out.

Leilani wore a black dress that stopped a little above her knees, with black sandals. She hooked a gold chain belt around her waist on top of the the dress.

She looked over herself. She felt like she looked good. Leilani stopped staring before her anxiety took over and change her clothes.

She grabbed her purse and everything else she may need. She laid everything on the kitchen counter.

Leilani grabbed Amir's gift and slid it in her purse.

GIVĒON - Scarred played in the background. She sung lowly while texting her mom back.  She took a few pictures sending them to Lisa.

She smiled when her mom started complimenting her.

A few knocks was heard at her door. Amir's knock.

"Coming." she called out laying her phone on the counter.

She opened the door meeting Amir's face. "Hi." she said nervously because he was bent down to her eye level.

"Hey." Amir greeted standing up straight with one arm behind his back.

Leilani raised an eyebrow confused on why he was standing there like that. Amir showed her the boutique of white and pink roses.

Leilani smiled from ear to ear taking the flowers. "Thank you, Amir. Come in while I put these in a vase."

Leilani turned around to find a vase or at least a tall glass.

"You're welcome, and you look good in a dress. You look good in everything, but damn." Amir complimented admiring her from the opposite end of the counter.

Leilani lightly laughed. "Thanks, and you look good everyday also. Today especially."

Amir wore a beige button up that made him look even better than before, black jeans, and black shoes.

"We kinda match." Leilani pointed out dropping the flowers in a vase. She walked around the counter to him. "I fuck with it."

Amir pulled her by her waist cupping her face with one hand before softly kissing her. They pulled away from each other so they could leave before they got caught up.

"Oh. Here's your present. It's not much and doesn't cost much, but I hope you like it." Leilani said pulling it out of her purse.

Amir took the box, opening it. A pair of gold earrings. Leilani never seen Amir wear earrings the time she has known him, so she decided to buy him a pair.

"I figured they would look good on you." Leilani said.

Amir smiled kissing her forehead. "Thank you. Can you put them on me?" he asked bending down to her level a little handing her the box.

"Yes." Leilani said taking them out the box. She poked the earrings in both of his ears. She scanned his face. "You look even better."

They grabbed whatever else they needed and left.

*****

"You do know you didn't tell me where we're going? You just gave me directions." Amir said looking at her while they were at a light.

Leilani nodded. "I know, but you'll like it. I promise."

"Hm..how do I know if I'm dressed properly?" Amir asked.

"You are. It's a date right?"

"Yes madam." Amir chuckled.

Leilani pointed at the light signaling it was green. Amir kept straight until Leilani told him to make a left.

About 15 minutes later, they reached their destination.

Amir got out of the car to open the door for Leilani. "So, what're we gonna do out here?" Amir asked curiously.

"A picnic. Sweet and simple." Leilani smiled.

He grabbed the bag that was in the backseat. He honestly didn't know what she had the bag for before, but now he do.

Leilani grabbed his hand. They walked down the sidewalk until they saw a lake. There wasn't many people out here so they didn't have to worry about loud noises.

"Let's sit over there." Leilani pointed by the lake.

Amir helped Leilani lay the picnic blanket out on the ground. It was big enough for 4 more people so they had plenty of space.

"We finna paint and sip wine? Ok then, I fucks with it." Amir said with a smirk on his face while being nosey looking all up in Leilani's bag.

After a few minutes, their spot was sat up. They sat down, and Leilani placed out their canvases with different color paint.

Leilani leaned in pecking his cheeks. They clicked their wine glasses, enjoying the view of the sun slowly setting while painting.

"We should come back here during the summer and do this again." Amir said after looking around.

Leilani agreed. "We should go to a beach too. Like for vacation."

"Choose a date, and I'll make it happen." Amir said looking at her, then back at his painting.

"Ok." Leilani said with a smile.

She stared at her painting that didn't make sense, but was cute at the same time. "I must be high." Leilani mumbled staring at it.

Amir peeked at her canvas letting out a laugh. "It seem that way, Lani. All these bright ass colors."

Leilani tried to peek at his canvas, but he leaned back with a goofy smile. "Nah hold on for a second." Amir said.

Leilani patiently waited for Amir to finish. Amir laid his paint brush in the cup of water. "Ok...you ready?"

Leilani nodded. "Yes."

Amir showed her the picture. Leilani grabbed it, staring at it. "You painted me?" Leilani asked the obvious.

"Damn I didn't know you could paint so good." Leilani smiled holding the picture up in the air. "It looks just like me. Can I keep it?"

"Of course." Amir said kissing her lips. "I'll do another for you."

"Thank you, and really? Then...for my birthday on May 3rd?" Leilani asked getting hyper.

"Yeah, just let me know."

Amir and Leilani talked and laughed some more. The sky became dark after an hour, so they decided to pack up and leave.

Leilani was in a great mood because of Amir. She loved the way he made her feel and she wouldn't have it any other way.

*****

"Goodnight." Leilani said throwing one of her legs over Amir's. She laid comfortably beside Amir. He pulled her closer to him.

Her head rested just below his chin. "Goodnight." Amir replied kissing her face

Leilani laid there enjoying the face kisses. Amir lifted her head up a little and kissed her lips a few times.

He rested his hand on the back of her head and the other around her waist, almost like he was protecting her.

Leilani closed her eyes. She knew she wasn't going to want to move in the morning because she was so comfortable.

She pressed her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat as she slowly fell asleep.

__________

Hey ^ - ^

Stay hydrated

Ok bye ( )

Excuse any mistakes🫶🏾