nine

Leilani

Leilani grabbed the last few bags out of Amir's car trunk. He closed it for her while they walked inside of his dorm building.

Leilani felt a little out of place since she was in an all boys territory, but visitors are allowed until 8pm.

They both had bags in their hands as they walked down the long hallway.

"My room is on the third floor, you don't mind walking do you?" Amir asked turning around looking at Leilani.

Leilani blinked processing the words that just came out of his mouth. She looked down at the elevator seeing it was blocked off.

"It's broken." Amir chuckled.

"Oh." Leilani mumbled. She didn't want to walk because she was going to get tired quickly.

Amir smirked. "Or I could carry you." he joked trying to make her feel a little better.

Leilani looked away with a slight smile. "I can walk."

They quietly walked up the 3 flight of stairs. Once they finally reached Amir's room, Leilani plopped down in the nearest chair taking a deep breath.

She was sure she wasn't even 2 months pregnant, but felt like she was 6.

Amir laughed at her while he dumped everything on the medium sized coffee table. "Damn, the stairs ain't even that long."

"They're steep though." Leilani said. She took a few more deep breaths before standing up, going to where he was.

She looked at all the things on the table and dumped her bags on top of his which caused both of them to immediately become stressed out.

"Damn." Amir sighed.

They had no idea where to start, but he was a quick thinker so they easily figured out what to do within minutes.

Hours later, after snacks, work, a break, snacks again, and back to work they were finally done with their project.

Leilani laid in one of the twin sized beds while Amir picked up the straps of trash that was hanging around. They were both tired and sleepy.

"I'll call an Uber so you won't have to drive." Leilani announced.

Amir waved her off. "It's not even late yet, besides I gotta go back out anyways."

"But—"

"Aht. I don't wanna hear it." Amir joked causing both of them to laugh.

He stared at her while she went back to scrolling in her phone. Her brown skin was definitely glowing, and beautiful to him. Her hair was a little messy from the pillow she's laying on, and the "street style" outfit was definitely a 10.

Amir realized that the crush he had on her was building back up, and he didn't know if he could hide it since he's not the one to hold how he feel on the inside. He was outspoken when needed.

The small gold hoops in her ears shun a little from the light, and her glossy lips sparkled.

"Damn." he mumbled to himself looking away.

Even though she was fresh out of a relationship, he couldn't help the way he felt.

Leilani looked at him wondering if he was ok since he was just standing in the middle of the room.

She noticed he was staring at her, but didn't say anything.

"Are you ok?" Leilani asked sitting up.