seven

Leilani

"Start up stupid car." Leilani snapped at her car. She twisted the key only for her car to cut back off.

She leaned back in her seat. Only person she knew that could jump start her car was Tyrell, and random strangers on the highway.

She grabbed her phone calling Amir. "Wassup?" Amir asked in a sleepy voice.

Leilani cussed herself out in her head. "Were you sleep? I'm sorry I'll call you—"

"Nah it's good." Amir said looking at the time. "Why you up so early on a Saturday?"

"We're supposed to go to Walmart later." Leilani trailed off.

Amir sat up in his bed rubbing his waves. "Yeah, we're supposed to go...but it's 5 in the morning."

"My fault. Go back to sleep." Leilani said and hung up.

Amir called her phone. "You good? You need some help since you up so early?"

Leilani sighed. "Yeah...my car won't start."

Amir laughed on the other side of the call. "Why you ain't just say that? Moody ass."

Amir shuffled around for a minute before speaking again. "Send me your location. I'll be there."

"Thanks." Leilani said feeling a little bad. She sent Amir her location and they hung up.

Leilani went back inside since it was cold, especially in the morning time.

She sat in the lobby until Amir arrived. She suddenly dozed off only to be woke up minutes later by Amir.

"Seem like you needa get back in bed instead of trying to drive." Amir sarcastically said.

Leilani playfully rolled her eyes at his sarcasm. "I'm tryna get things done early."

They went back outside so Amir could try to jumpstart her car. They were out there for at least 15 minutes but nothing was working.

Leilani groaned. "Nothing is going right." she rest her head on the cold, car door.

Amir pulled his phone out. "I'll call my personal mechanic to pick your car up. You probably need another battery."

"You don't have to do that Amir." Leilani tried to stop him.

Amir waved her off. "Too late." he said putting the phone to his ear.

Leilani shook her head. Everybody in her life was stubborn in a good way. She smiled to herself.

Minutes later, Amir hung the phone up and turned to Leilani. "She'll pick your car up in 30 minutes."

Leilani raised her eyebrows. "She? Wow."

Amir laughed at her surprised face. "Yeah. She's my older cousin, and she do better than most people I've been to over the past years."

Leilani nodded a little jealous. "That's cool. I always wanted to work on cars and stuff, but my parents told me it wasn't 'ladylike'...so."

"Maybe you can still try. You're not old yet." Amir joked. "Tryna go inside or some? It's cold out here."

"Yeah." Leilani agreed. They walked inside and went to the 6th floor where her room was located.

615. 615. 615. Leilani repeated in her head. She pulled the key card out and held it up to the keypad.

They walked into the room and Leilani sighed and turned the heat up a little.

"Sorry it's a little messy. Here..." Leilani said clearing off the couch where most of her stuff was. "You can sit here."

Amir thanked her before sitting down. He wanted to ask some questions, but he didn't want to seem nosey.