nineteen

Leilani

Leilani followed behind Amir as they walked to his apartment door. He quietly unlocked the door letting himself and her in.

"Let me see your hand." Leilani said to Amir.

Amir held his hand out in front of him. "It ain't that bad."

Leilani stood in front of him grabbing his left hand. His hand was bruised with little blood stains on his knuckles.

She ran her fingers across it. "Do it hurt?" Leilani asked.

"Nah, but it might later since I'm right handed." Amir said.

"Why did you punch him with your left hand then?" Leilani mumbled examining it.

Leilani grabbed some paper towels, and found some alcohol in his bathroom cabinet. She damped the paper towel with the alcohol, grabbing his injured hand again wiping away the blood.

She cleaned the small cuts on it before slapping a bandaid over it. Leilani looked at him. "Keep it clean."

Amir smirked. "Ight nurse."

Leilani waved him off throwing away the small mess she made on his counter.

Leilani stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do now. She just followed Amir without any real reason other than checking his hand.

Amir laughed out loud. "Why you just standing there like a weirdo?"

Leilani kissed her teeth. "I'll head home now, then.." she said heading towards the door.

Amir hopped out of his seat, reaching over her head pushing the door closed with his hand. "I'm just joking, Lani." he said in her ear.

Leilani turned around to face him only to look at the floor. "Don't...whisper in my name in my ear like that."

"Why?" Amir asked.

Leilani just shrugged feeling like she couldn't breath. "Just d-don't..."

She looked up. Leilani could've sworn she seen his eyes turn into hearts. She let out a breath because of the view she had of him was turning her on. He was looking at her intently with his hooded eyes.

Amir cuffed her face with his right hand caressing her cheek.

"Caress the other cheeks.." Leilani said in her mind.

They leaned in on each other. She felt his bulge through his sweats. She thought it was his other hand, but she quickly realized it wasn't and that alone snapped her out of it.

Leilani pushed him back a little. "I-I'll..uh..I'll be back." she said before zooming out of his apartment.

She sped walked all the way to her door, fumbling with her keys. She finally unlocked the door, closing it behind her.

Leilani stared at the floor. "Why do this nigga make me feel like my heart's gonna jump out of my chest?" she mumbled to herself.

If she was light skinned, her face would've been red.

Leilani threw her bag on the couch, letting her hair out of her puff-ball. Her curls fell to her shoulders as she shook them a bit to loosen them.