sixteen

Leilani

6 days later, New Year's Eve

"Hmm...how about this apartment? It's close to the school, and it's further away from your old house." Amir said scrolling through Zillow.

Leilani turned the laptop slightly to take a good look. She wasn't very picky, but she wanted to be comfortable.

"2 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms for $950 a month?How do you find these apartments Amir?" Leilani asked amazed.

Every time she would search for an apartment for fun, apartments were $1,200 a month.

"I like it. Did you find you one yet?"

"Nah, I'm helping you first." Amir laughed a little peeping at her.

Leilani laid her head on his shoulder. "You're so nice. It's almost unbelievable."

"I'm not that nice." Amir smiled. "Just to a selected few."

"That's good too. You can never be too nice to people because they might take advantage of you." Leilani said. She was talking about herself.

Amir stared at her for a few seconds before turning her face around so she was looking at him.

Leilani pouted a little. "What?"

"Nothing." Amir said moving his hand away. He pointed back to the screen. "So you're set on this one? Want to schedule a tour?"

Leilani nodded happily. "Yes."

They booked her a tour of the apartment, and if she liked it she was going to get it.

Amir and Leilani chilled while she did some furniture shopping. She wasn't going to order anything at the moment, she was just making a list of things.

"Oh damn, this one is in the same building as your apartment. I might just get this...same price, space, and everything." Amir said looking at the pictures. He scheduled for a tour too for the same day as hers.

"Ok neighbor." Leilani mumbled not really listening since she was excited, and nervous at the same time.

Leilani sighed closing her computer. "I'm so happy right now Amir. I can only hope I'll continue to be happy."

Amir pulled her in so she was lying her head on his chest. "You can be as happy as want to be. It's a mental thing for the most part, the rest is up to you."

"Yeah? My mental is kinda fucked up right now, but I can still get overly excited for a few minutes before reality slowly sinks back into my brain..but since it's going to be a new year..I'll take my time and work on myself. It's not a New Year's resolution or anything, I'm doing it for me." Leilani smiled a little.

"I understand that part, and I'm happy you're putting yourself first." Amir nodded playing with the curls in her hair.

"Thanks." Leilani smiled again. She looked at him wanting to kiss him again, but decided not too.

"What? Want to kiss me again or something?" Amir asked cockily.

"Tuh, as if." Leilani waved him off while lying straight through her teeth.

"Can I kiss you even if you don't wanna kiss me?"

Leilani covered his mouth. "What kinda question is that? Keep your lips to yourself."

Suddenly she felt something wet hit her hand. "Ew Amir!" she laughed when she realized he licked her hand.

He pulled her down to where she laid between his legs but her head still rested on his chest. "I can't do that...I like the way you kiss me."