twenty-three

Leilani
Later that day

"You can come look now." Amir waved Leilani over.

Leilani threw the sheet off of her standing up. She pulled her tank top down and the straps over her shoulders walking over to Amir.

"Imma put it by the window and then we can go get something to eat."

"Alright." Leilani said grabbing her jeans and sliding them back on.

Amir phone started ringing. Leilani peeked up from her phone at him. He sighed holding up his finger. "Hold on a minute." he said stepping out of the room.

Leilani watched the door close. Immediately feeling bored, she sat down in one of the chairs. She swung her legs back and forth until they got tired.

About 10 minutes later, Amir came back in. He looked a little annoyed but he grabbed his things and motioned for Leilani to come over to him.

She hopped out of the chair walking over to him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing I can't fix."Amir said. "Wanna drink?"

Leilani raised her eyebrows. "You know I'm not a big drinker."

Amir wrapped his arms around her waist and put his head between her neck. "Right, right. Let's go eat then."

As soon as he said that, Leilani's stomach growled loudly.

*****

"So Amir." Leilani said as he started the car up. "When can I see the final results of the picture?"

Amir hummed as if he was deep in thought. "On yo birthday." he said.

Leilani pouted.

"I have to make a quick stop. I can take you straight home if you're tired." Amir said looking at her.

"No, I'm alright. Handle your business." Leilani said waving him off. "Besides I'm coming over to your place for the night."

"Bet." Amir nodded driving in the direction he needed to go.

About 15 minutes later they pulled up in front of a house. Amir sat in the driveway typing away on his phone.

Leilani laid her head against the window slowly falling asleep. She ate her food and was tired.

"Aye, I'm outside." Amir said over the phone.

"Nah, I got Lani with me. We was on the way home."

Leilani popped one eye open at the mention of her name and side eyed him. It was dark so he couldn't see her all that good.

Amir sighed. "I'm coming."

"Lani...imma go inside for a few minutes. You gotta use the bathroom or something?" Amir asked tapping her thigh.

"I do, actually." Leilani said lying. She really wanted to see what Amir was up to.

Amir nodded. "Ok. Come on."

They got out of the car walking up to the door. Amir did his signature knock.

The door opened and Shawn stood to the side to let them in. "Wassup." he dapped Amir up. He put his attention on Leilani. "Wassup, Lani."

Leilani gave him a fake smile. "Wassup, and it's Leilani."

Shawn have her a weird vibe but she pretended to be her normal self since Amir seemed to trust him.

Leilani had enough friends in and out of her life to tell who had good intentions or not.

Maybe it was just her trust issues.