ten

Leilani

Later that night around 1. Leilani held an ice pack up to her cheeks and lip. Her swollen lips, and eye wasn't going down. The ice only felt good on her face.

She looked in the mirror at her face. She had a black eye, busted lip, and a bruised cheek.

Her tear stained face held no emotions. She was disappointed, and blamed herself.

Leilani laughed at herself. She punched the wall, and screamed letting out some anger.

She knew her neighbors probably heard her, but she didn't care. Leilani was seeing red, and wanted Tyrell dealt with.

Whether he was permanently dealt with, or behind bars; she didn't care.

Leilani looked at her hand seeing her knuckles were bleeding. The wall she punched was concrete-like, so she made no damage to it whatsoever. Only left a blood stain.

She grabbed a towel and ran hot water on it. Leilani sat on the edge of the tub, and held it on her face. The hot steam felt surprisingly good.

After she cleaned herself up as much as she could, she laid down under the covers.

She closed her eyes, and soon fell asleep after a long day.

***

Bzz bzz

Leilani rolled over grabbing her phone off the nightstand.

The '20%' warning popped up on her screen. Leilani tapped close, and opened the text she received.

Amir~ Cousin said yo car ready
Lmk when you want me to pick you up-8:43am

Ok. I'll be ready in 30-8:45am

Leilani tossed her phone to the side. She touched her cheek. It was sore, but the swelling went down a little.

Leilani took a quick 10 minute shower. She made sure to wash good in the small amount of minutes.

She dug through her bag to find something warm. The weather was bipolar. One day it was hot, the next day it's cold, and raining.

Leilani brushed her hair down neatly.

She couldn't hide her busted lip, so she grabbed a mask. She carried them whenever she got sick.

She put on light makeup around her eye. She was tired, and the eye-bags were visible.

Her phone vibrated.

Amir~ I'm outside. Want me to meet you halfway?

No. I'll be down soon.

Leilani put her phone inside of her coat pocket. She grabbed her purse and whatever she might need, and walked out.

Leilani put her mask over her face making her way to the elevator. She checked herself out in the mirror inside of it.

She looked normal. At least in her eyes.

The elevator dinged, she got off making her way to the parking lot.

Amir looked up from his phone seeing Leilani walking out of the hotel like a model. He stared at her with heart eyes before snapping himself out of his trance.