eighteen

Leilani

College campus

"Hey Leilani." a girl named Haley said sitting at the table Leilani was at.

"Hey." Leilani said looking up from the notes she was taking.

Haley placed her books and notebooks on the table. "I hope you don't mind me sitting here, every other table is almost full, and you're the only person I'm familiar with."

"I don't mind." Leilani replied.

She was almost done with her notes anyway, so she wasn't going to be in the library for long. Leilani continued to write while humming a song inside of her head.

She has been in the library for almost two hours. Her back and neck was hurting, and all she wanted was to go home and sleep.

Sorry to interrupt you again, but aren't you and Amir close?" Haley asked looking at Leilani for an answer.

Leilani silently sighed. "Yes..why do you ask?"

Haley shook her head. "No reason sis...it's just these rumors going around about you two."

Leilani sat her pen down putting her focus on Haley. She didn't want to put herself in any drama, but what Amir and Leilani had going on at the moment wasn't really nothing to gossip about.

"What 'rumors'?"

"Just that he was putting his hands on you back in December when y'all was constantly around each other." Haley said with a shrug.

"What the hell type of sh—" Leilani started to say getting pissed off.

"Sis, of course I don't believe it since a lot of people know he has a crush on you since forever and come running every time you call his phone." Haley said holding her hands up in surrender.

Leilani stared at the girl, pushing aside the fact that Amir has a crush on her. "Ok.." she said taking a deep breath trying to get her words together to not sound rude.

"Ok, first of all, Amir never put his hands on me in any abusive way so drop the damn lie about that, and last of all..why the hell would people think that when I hardly ever came on campus?"

Haley shrugged. "Hey, I'm only telling you because I think you have a right to know and maybe it's because you were seen coming and going out of his dorm with bruises on your face. Also, it was said you had an abortion."

Leilani felt herself becoming highly irritated. She hasn't felt this way in a long time, and just the wrong words could set her off.

She wondered how people knew she had an abortion. It's not like she did it for fun so she didn't see the point in gossiping about it.

"So if Amir didn't do it, who did?" Haley asked.

Leilani scoffed closing up her laptop and notes putting them in her book bag. "Listen Haley, don't pretend to approach me with good intentions just to piss me off."

People looked in their direction when Leilani started to raise her voice a little.

"I'm just letting you know

"Don't ask me about my personal life because your ass don't know me from a damn can of paint. Got it, sis?" Leilani asked with a smile before walking off.

Leilani walked out of the campus library. She hurriedly walked down the hallway passing by a few students.

A door to her right opened, and she was snatched inside of it.