thirty

Leilani
3 years later

"Move it over to the left a little." Leilani instructed Amir. "No, no, your other left."

Amir turned around and looked at her. "My right?"

"Yes." she smiled innocently.

Amir straightened the mirror on the wall up as best as he could. Leilani stood behind him watching closely.

They finally purchased a house together that they both loved and decided to move in together over a year ago.

Since they both been busy with work, they hardly had time to decorate, so they just ordered whatever when they had free time and decorated slowly.

They both finally had the same off days, so they decided to put some things up.

"This good?" Amir asked looking down at her from the ladder he stood on.

Leilani nodded. "It's not going to fall, right?"

Amir shook his head, hitting the wall with his hand. "Nah, not unless a big ass earthquake hit us out of nowhere." he said climbing down.

"You're tryna be funny and shit." Leilani mugged him.

Amir lifted her chin up to kiss her. "I would never, Lani."

Leilani flat faced him while he just stared at her with a smirk before laughing. "Chill. The mirror straight?" he asked turning around to look at it.

Leilani stuck her tongue out at his back.

"Bro, I can see your childish ass." Amir laughed.

Leilani shrugged. "I know." she stood beside him looking at the mirror. She tilted her head a few times before nodding. "It looks good." 

"Good." Amir said tossing his drill in his toolbox Levi gifted him one year. "What you tryna do today?"

"It's 8pm bae." Leilani said confused. "Drunk bowling?"

"Nah, last time you threw that ball like a basketball and broke those people shit." Amir shook his head. "We lucky they didn't make us pay for that shit."

"Drunk top golf?"

"You fell of the ledge and through the net..." Amir said.

"I tripped."

"On air." Amir laughed folding the ladder to take it to their garage. "Nothing that have to do with balls or heights, or being drunk and we're good."

What about your balls?

"I rather go to bed then." Leilani said throwing herself on the couch.

Leilani heard Amir footsteps fade into the background. She groaned looking around the living room.

She stared at the picture Amir painted of her for her birthday when they were in college. She found herself looking at it everyday for at least 5 minutes.

Leilani held her right hand up. She wiggled her fingers staring at her engagement ring with heart eyes.

Amir proposed to her last year, and she was honestly so happy about it.

She smiled kissing it. "Cute."

"You in here talking to yourself?" Amir asked sitting beside her and laying her legs across his lap. "You sure you ain't crazy?"

Leilani laughed. "Shut up. It's normal for everyone."

"Just making sure, Lani." Amir said pulling her up on top of him by her arm. He held her up straight by putting his hand on her back. "They say Taurus people are crazy anyway, so I know what I'm dealing with."