five

Leilani

Leilani sat on the couch looking at tv. Her feet were tired. She pulled her phone out of her pocket to check for any notification, but her phone was flat dead.

She groaned out loud. Leilani didn't feel like getting up to charge her phone so she just laid there on the couch staring at the ceiling.

She heard the door click hearing Tyrell come inside. She mentally rolled her eyes. She hasn't been home all day so the house was little messy from the last few days.

Tyrell came into Leilani's view. He stood there for a minute before speaking.

"What's up?"

Leilani nodded 'what's up' to him. "Nothing really. Just tired."

Tyrell sat on the end of the couch. Leilani stretched her legs out on top of his lap. "What you been up to?" Leilani asked.

"Research." Tyrell said staring at Leilani.

Leilani looked at him confused. "What kinda research? For yo' job?"

Tyrell looked back at tv. "Nah, personal reasons."

Leilani didn't think too much about what he was saying since he always say weird shit.

"Where all you have you been today?"

Leilani stretched out further so she was comfortable. "I've been to the library to finish my essay, and grabbed some lunch."

"That's all?"

"Yes. Why you asking me all this? You know if I go out I don't like to stay long." Leilani asked him.

"Why you ain't answer yo phone? I called you several times."

Leilani felt a headache coming. "It's dead."

Tyrell tilted his head. "Who that was that dropped you off?"

"My classmate." Leilani answered.

"They a nigga or a bitch?"

Leilani scrunched her face up at the unnecessary name calling. "He's a male."

Tyrell felt some kind of way from how she said her words. He chuckled under his breath to control his emotions.

"Ight. He gay?"

She took a deep breath.

Damn you wanna fuck him or some?

"No he's not. Very much...straight from what I know."

"And what do you know?"

"I know he's straight—"

"How do you know?" Tyrell raised his voice.

Leilani stared at him. "Ty, I don't fucking know. He give off a straight man vibe. Even some gay men give off straight men vibes and I'll probably never know."

"So y'all vibin'? Hope you know you ain't seeing this nigga no more." Tyrell said standing up.

"Are you dumb?"

Tyrell turned his face up. "Are you?"

Leilani rolled her eyes. "He's my classmate, Ty. We do projects together so we can pass. This isn't high school where I can just change partners because I don't wanna work with this person. My grades, and education matter to me."

"So what you was doing in his car?"

Leilani groaned.

This is why I should've broke up with you the other day..