one

Leilani

23 year old Leilani stared at the two pink lines on the two clear blue pregnancy test.

Positive. She said in her mind.

She slid on the floor with the test in her hands. She was pregnant for her cheating boyfriend, and she hated it.

"Fuck." She said dragging her fingers through her straightened hair.

Leilani threw her head back looking at the ceiling. She was stressed out just that quick.

She looked at the test one more time just to make sure she wasn't tripping. She pulled at her hair as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Damn it!" Leilani yelled throwing the test across the bathroom floor.

She stood up grabbing onto the sink for support. Leilani looked at her hair in the mirror noticing it looked like tumbleweed.

She carefully brushed her hair back down. Deep down she knew a baby would trap her. She planned on breaking up with Tyrell, her boyfriend today.

That was until she started throwing up left and right. She thought it was nervousness, but it wasn't after she looked up the symptoms she was having.

Then she took a test, telling herself she was just nervous, but the test proved her wrong.

Even if she did decide to break up with him, he would find a way to manipulate her back to him.

She walked over to the pregnancy test that laid on the floor. She bent down picking it up.

She blinked her tears away. Leilani went inside of the room her, and Tyrell shared. She opened her drawer she hardly used, but had a lot of clothes that were too small for her. She buried the test beneath the clothes closing the drawer back.

Leilani took a deep breath standing up straight. She would have to work up the guts to tell Tyrell before she started showing.

She knew all hell would break loose if he found out on his own.

Leilani left the room, making sure to close the door behind her. She went to the living room deciding to sit down and watch tv.

It was getting dark outside, and as usual, Tyrell wasn't there until after 10pm.

She spent most of the days by herself. She had no friends. Not even a hang out buddy.

She was lonely.

Tyrell didn't care to spend time with her unless he wanted something, but still Leilani didn't complain.

Hearing the door unlock, Leilani looked over at the doorway when Tyrell walked in.

"What's up." he said walking over to her.

She shook her head. "Where you been?"

Tyrell was about to give her a kiss, when he stopped. He straightened himself up. "Work." he said frowning.

"For two days?" Leilani asked.

"Why you tripping? You know I work long hours, Lani." Tyrell said.

In all honesty, he's been at work, but it was hard for Leilani to believe him.

Especially with the way he treat her, and the way his temper is set up.

He squinted his eyes at Leilani. Tyrell sighed taking a seat next to her. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong." Leilani trailed off looking off.

"If nothing is wrong, then why the fuck you tripping, Lani? If you can't tell me what's up, then don't even talk to me." Tyrell said standing up.

Leilani sighed looking down. "If I do tell you 'what's up', you're still gonna ignore me. So what's the point?"

"You know what...I'm gonna go take a shower, and take a nap. When I wake up, yo attitude, or whatever the fuck you got going on in yo crazy ass head better be gone." Tyrell said leaving the living room.

Leilani turned her head watching him walk out. She ran her fingers through her hair. Her attitude wasn't going anywhere no time soon.