Chapter 3-Getting my first mission

DECEMBER 2024

DECEMBER 2024.
UPSTATE NEW YORK.

The sound of a punching bag getting hit repeatedly was heard in the quiet gym of the basement in the Miller household. 

In the middle of the gym stood a now 18 year old Liam Arden, his body was now a lot more lean and cut due to the many physical workouts that Natasha has put him through.

Liam grunted as he put a lot more force into his punches, the memories of the revolution coming back to him.

He hasn't told Elliott of his sleepless nights but Liam feels like the man already knows, nothing can get past that man, Liam knows this now.

Liam put one final hit onto the bag before backing off of it, he caught his breath almost instantly after he stopped.

The shifter looked down at his bloody hands wrapped in a thin layer of wrap, he slowly made his way out of the gym and up to the living room.

"Hay." Liam looked up seeing Natasha walk towards him. "let me help you with that wound." She offered.

"Oh, no it's—"

"I wasn't asking, come on." Natasha ordered. Liam sighed knowing there was no getting out of this so he just sat on the couch.

Natasha came back with some bandages and alcohol to clean the cuts, she sat on the boys right. "You need to stop getting your hands all bloody." She took off the wrap from his fist. "This'll sting but you already know that." She took a cloth with alcohol on it and slowly placed it on Liam's fist. The shifter winced slightly.

"You know Elliott already taught me how to clean and deal with wounds, right?" Liam looked at the red head, her eyes seamed downcast like she wasn't fully there.

"Yeah, well I just like to help." Natasha raised his Liam's hand and gently blew on the cuts before starting to wrap them in bandages.

"You've don't a lot for me already, Natasha." Liam said lightly.

"Yeah, I know, you say that a lot." She said with a smile, Liam saw how her smile seamed forced.

"You don't need to tell me, but I can tell you're upset." Liam stated, he noticed Natasha pause for a second before continuing.

"It's nothing you should have to worry about, just family things."

Liam knew she meant Yelena. "Is she okay?"

Natasha grinned slightly. "He definitely paid attention to my lectures."

she finished working on his hand, she noticed his left hand wasn't cut, just bruised so she didn't need to worry about it. "I knew I taught you well but damn, I didn't expect you to pick up on it that quick." She leaned back into the couch.