Chapter 20-holiday fun and sadness

NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK CITY.

Liam walked swiftly down the stairs, making it back to the apartment door in less then a minute, be opened it and walked it, the second he walked into the living room he was hit in the face by a little object. "Ow." He held his jaw and looked to his right, seeing Clint and Kate laughing.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to hit you!" Kate laughed out, as she walked over to the shifter.

"Man, everyone is tryna kill me." He bent down and picked up the coin like object. "Ah. I see." He realized what she was tryna do.

"Don't tell me you can do it too." Kate pouted.

Liam smirked and flicked the coin forward, it bounced off the wall and then hit an empty can, splitting it in half. "It's all about the flick of the wrist." He teased the girl.

Kate rolled her eyes and went to pick up the coin, she stood next to Clint, now fully determined. "Now, you can do it, just don't hit the wolf in front of you." Clint joked.

"Ha ha ha. Good one." Liam leaned onto the wall behind him and watched. "You got it, Cupcake."

Kate took a deep breath and muttered something before snapping her finger and flicking her wrist forward, the small coin flew across the room and hit the TV tearing it on. "Holy shit, I did it!" Kate excitedly ran over to Liam and hugged his. "You saw right!?"

Liam chuckled. "Yeah, I saw." The shifter finally saw her ugly sweater. It had a little French bulldog on it. "Nice sweater."

"Oh, that reminds me. I got one for you." Kate ran over to the kitchen and grabbed the sweater before going back to Liam and tossing it to him.

The shifter looked at it and noticed it was red and had a wolf with Christmas hat on it. "Wow, how'd you know I love wolves?"

"Just a guess." Kate walked over the the couch and jumped over it to sit on it.

Clint smiled at the two before going over and sitting on the small individual couch.

Liam removed his coat and pulled on the sweater, it was warm and comfortable. "Love it, Kate." Liam hopped over the couch and sat right next to Kate, their legs pressed together. The girl made no attempt to move.

"That was crazy, right?" Kate motioned to the TV.

"Not bad, kid." Clint complimented as the two taped their drinks together in a cheers.

Liam noticed that the was a third drink on the coffee table in front of him, he picked it up and noticed it was a slushy mix.

"Not bad. All right. Best shot you ever took?" Kate asked, her back pressed against Liam.