Chapter 33-Christmas in Canada

LONEWOLF, CANADA

LONEWOLF, CANADA.

Kate turned back around to see Liam being scolded by his mother. "Oh, God."

"How are you going to just fight someone who you know exactly what—"

"Ya know what mom? Here, meet Kate." Liam grabbed his girlfriends arm and dragged her in front of him blocking himself from his mother. "She's my girlfriend."

Hailey sighed in frustration. "We'll talk about this later." She cleared her throat and looked at the girl in front of her. "It's nice to meet you, Kate, I'm Hailey, this reckless boy's mother."

"Same here. Um, your son is an amazing person and I couldn't be happier to be with him. He did a lot for me when we dealt with the Tracksuits." Kates hand gripped at Liam's as she was slightly frightened by the woman's eyes. She was very intimidating.  Instead of being brown they were slightly reddish.

"That's good to know. You're very pretty as well young lady." Hailey held Kates jaw and moved her head to then side, looking over the girl like she was inspecting her. "You seam strong but also jittery. How old are you?"

"Um, I don't—"

"You don't know your age?"

"No! I mean, yes! I just forgot for a second! I'm twenty two ma'am!"

"Twenty two? Liam what are you doing dating someone four years older then you?" Hailey questioned, looking at her son.

"Mom, come on, at least she isn't that much older then me, weren't you and dad like five years apart?"

Hailey glared at Liam. "You talking back?"

Liam sighed, he dropped his head on Kates shoulder. "I'm 18 mom. Like I said, she isn't that much older than me." The shifter wrapped his arms around Kates waist from behind. "Fight for me Cupcake, I'm worth it."

Kate looked at Hailey with fear, but she wanted her relationship with Liam and she wasn't gonna let anyone stop it. "Miss Arden, I can assure you that both of us want to be together... I feel like it should be our choice, I mean he's old enough to go to war, so he should be old enough to chose to be in a relationship, so please except that we're together." Kate stood up straight and looked Hailey dead in the eye, she didn't stutter or hesitate, she was going to make sure her and Liam will be together.

Hailey's scowl scoffed and turned into a light smile. "Thanks for sticking up for your relationship, not many people will stand up to the parent of their partner, you earned my respect."