Chapter 22-Widow

NEW YORK

NEW YORK.

The group stood on the rooftop of a building in the cold of night, they were scouting out the building across from them, the main thing they are looking for is a watch.

Though at the moment Kate decided to take this Into her own hands and was now walking across the street into the building.

"Hay, what the hell are you thinking?" Liam shouted silently at the girl, his voice was being picked up into the comms they had linked.

"We told you to be lookout." Clint scolded, the annoyance shown clearly on his face.

"Well, out of us three who do you trust not to get distracted?"

"Look, that's not fair, that your inability to act like a grownup helps you get your way."

"Tch, no, it's not. But it is what it is."

Liam sighed and dropped his head, looking down at the cold snow below him, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly as he picked up on something.

A few thoughts ran through his head, something felt familiar and wired. He had a feeling of dread and something that told him that something bad was going to happen.

When he finally came back from his mind he looked up and noticed Kate had made her way into the apartment already. "How the hell? Wasn't she supposed to enter from outside?" Liam looked to Clint who just sighed.

"Living room's all clear."

Then flashes of light won't off in the room almost instantly Kate panicked and shot two pudy arrows at the lights cutting them off.

"What was that?" Clint asked.

"I don't know. There are, like, strobe lights attached to the wall."

"Strobe lights? What do you mean strobe lights?"

"I don't know."

"Alright, don't mind the lights for now, what do you see in there?" Liam's hand went to his thigh where he has a knife placed. He was tense.

"What am I looking for?"

"A watch, vintage Rolex. Belongs to someone I used to work with." Clint explained. His eyes shifted over to Liam, he noticed how tense the boy was.

"Is that the whole story, Clint?"

"They've been out of the game for a long time, but their identity is still attached to that watch." He explained.