Chapter 11-Extended mission

NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK CITY.

Liam, Kate and Clint walked through the streets of New York, Kate being the one to lead the group as they were heading to her job.

Liam's mind couldn't get over what happened in the apartment not even an hour ago. It was still stuck in his head.

"I'm gonna be late, thanks to you." Kate complained to Clint.

"You're gonna be alive 'cause of me." Clint said pushing Kate to his left, Liam one Kate's left.

They ignored a man trying to give a paper out, Liam hates situations like that, makes him feel bad but also not really care. "Oh, being a gentleman, walking on the outside. Nice."

"No, no, it's just so I can hear you. And to be clear, not 'cause I want to, just'cause I need to." Clint pointed to his hearing add in his left ear.

"Oh, what happened?" Kate asked.

Liam noticed it looked like he went through a few flashbacks before answering. "Uh, too hard to tell."

A kid behind the three shouted to his mom about superhero's, Liam and the other two watched as the kid ran past them over too a group of people in costumes.

"Hay, they even got you, Clint." Liam pointed out.

"No. That's Katniss Everdeen. Let's you two." Clint pushed the two forward.

"Your problem is branding." Kate stated.

"No, my problem is you, the wolf my friend threw at me. And this ninja suit, and the people trying to kill you 'cause of it." Clint looked at the two on his left. "The whole thing is a problem that I'm going to solve today, so I can go home to my family and get this kid back to where he came from." He pointed to Liam who only scoffed.

"No, it's branding." Kate insisted.

"I'm sure it's his attitude, needs a whole rework in my opinion." Liam commented.

"Exactly, Liam here knows how to be fun and serious." Kate threw her arm around the shifters waist, making sure not to put Pressure on his wound. "Your whole thing is that you're low-key. It's a very hard brand to sell."

"Well, I'm not really trying to sell anything." Clint commented.

"Wouldn't that just make him cooler?" Liam asked as they started to cross the street.

"It should but with all the scary stuff that's happened since the avengers appeared, people don't want that cynical, cool thing anymore. They want sincerity. Not self-seriousness, but a heart on your sleeve sincerity."