Chapter 9-Avengers supplies?

NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK CITY.

The band of misfits and a dog walked down the steps into a subway.

"So where are we going?" Kate asked.

"Hopefully somewhere where people are not trying to kill us." Liam commented as he nearly fell to the ground in pain.

"Exactly. We're getting further away from those people trying to kill you." Clint confirmed.

"Right. And after that?" Kate asked.

"We nearly just died twice in the same night, I wanna sleep." Liam whined in his head.

"We'll need some supplies."

"Hell yeah. Avengers supplies?"

"If we are getting avengers supplies, can we get like... a lot of pain meds, please." Liam asked slightly respectful.

Clint just nodded with a fake smile. "Sure thing."

Kate helped liam onto the train, the two sat together while Clint stat on the farthest seat from them. Kate noticed Liam was still holding his side, she knew she had to ask him about it later.

"Hay—" Kate was cut off when Liam's head rested on her shoulder, his light breathing could be heard slightly, he was asleep.

"Oh, uh..." Kate didn't really know what to do with the resting boy on her shoulder, he looked tired so she let him sleep the entire ride.

She enjoyed the feeling of having someone next to her, not that she would admit it. Both her and Liam were stubborn as hell.

A hour later the three and the dog stood in a store in the medical section, Clint grabbing multiple things and throwing them into a basket.

Liam grabbed an entire row of bandages and threw them into the basket ignoring Clint's argument about why they didn't need this much, he also found a white shirt and threw that into the basket.

Clint was ready to leave the boy on the street.

"Not gonna lie to you. This is a bit of a letdown." Kate complained.

"Sorry to disappoint you. Wanna Grab some of that rubbing alcohol over there?" Clint pointed to the shelf with it.

Liam came back and dropped a drink into the basket. "Kid stop— he's not even listening."

Kate and Clint didn't know it but Liam was in so much pain that he was in autopilot at this point. "Please let this be over." He repeated over and over.

Also, he was freaking out that he slept on Kate's shoulder. "Stupid, stupid, stupid! You just had to ruin your image like that!"

"So what's the plan now?" Kate asked Clint. "Let me guess. We're going to your safe house? Is it avengers tower?"