Chapter 6-Auction

NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK CITY.

"Suite, sword, and files." Liam continued to breathe calmly, trying to keep his composure, this mission was all that was in his head. "I totally don't look suspicious." He said quietly as he sat on a barrel, his eyes continuing to scan the room.

Lima is basically supposed to be running security, or in simple terms, stand around and make sure nothing bad happens.

The first auction threw him off, a dinosaur head specifically a Triceratops skull, and it was going for somewhere in the millions.

It was sold for 2.7 million. "Why the hell... I'm not even gonna ask." The other part that got him was it was a home display only.

"Who told you to come down here?"

"Gary." That was Kate's voice.

"I'm Gary. What's your name."

"Oi!" Liam stood from where his was sitting and walked over to the girl, who was talking to the man who controls this part.

He placed his arm around Kate's waist and pulled her into his side, the girl tensed up slightly. "I'm head of security down here, sorry about my girlfriend, she tends to wander off when she notices something interesting." Liam held up the badge he was given when he got here.

Kate's body relaxed when she knew it was Liam who was talking. "Uh, yup, sorry about that." She went along with the lie.

Gary looked at Liam with annoyance. "Learn to keep an eye on her, for someone who's running security you did a pretty bad job."

Liam forced a smile that was strained and tense, he felt read to talk back. "Yeah, sorry."

"Don't let it happen again." Gary said before walking away without a second thought.

"See ya!" Liam's smile fell as soon as the man was outa sight, his mouth nearly hurt from how fake
The smile was.

"T-thank—" Kate was cut off when she was grabbed by her shirt, she felt herself get pushed back until her back made contact with a brick pillar.

"Okay, what are you doing here?" Liam glared into the girls blue eyes. "You better have a good reason."

This side of Liam surprised her, but better to tell the truth then lie. "My mom was threatened by Armand." Short but explained a a lot.

Liam looked her in the eyes, trying to see if it was a lie but he didn't see it, he sighed and let her go. "What's got you on edge?" Kate asked.