Chapter 10-Distress

NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK CITY.

Kate was awoken by the sound of whining and quiet sobbing. She walked out of the room she was sleeping in and walked to the living room, she noticed Clint wasn't in the living room anymore, but she was told he'll be back in the morning.

Liam on the other hand was on the biggest couch on his back, he looked to be in pain or discomfort, so Kate out of the goodness of her heart went and checked on him.

She picked up his shirt to check on his bandages, but thankfully there was no blood on them. She placed her hand lightly over his wound.

Almost instantly Liam calmed down, he was still in discomfort but he was calmer for some reason. She felt bad that he was sleeping on the couch, it most likely wasn't doing him any good. Not to mention she still felt bad that he was in this state because of her. "Liam, hay, wake up." She removed her hand from his wound, pulling his shirt back down.

Liam's eyes fluttered open, his rubbed his eyes to try and get some of his vision back. "Huh? What's wrong Cupcake?" The shifter finally regained focus.

Kate was entranced by the look in his eyes, they showed worry for her, even if he was the one in pain. "I bet the couch isn't all that well for you, you can go take the bed."

"No, it's fine, you need sleep as well." Liam rolled over onto his side but was stopped by Kate grabbing his shoulder.

"Don't, you'll hurt yourself, now come on, you need it more then me, so get up or I'll drag you." Kate grabbed his wrist pulling him up.

The shifter sighed. "Fine, you win." Liam stood up fully, he used Kate's shoulder to hold himself up. "I'll be good by tomorrow, just need some rest."

"You sure?"

Liam nodded as they entered the room. "Us shifters can regenerate pretty quick. But we need rest to do so." Kate helped him lay down on the bed, trying her best to make sure he didn't strain himself.

"Does that mean you'll be fully healed by the morning?" She asked now letting go of the shifter.

"No, but I'll be better." Liam confirmed. "I just didn't give myself time to heal, I fought people and reopened my wound, it's my fault really."

"Well, if you didn't have to save me twice you probably wouldn't be like this." Kate placed her hand over his. "I'm the reason you're hurt."

The guilt in her eyes made the shifter just want to hug her and tell her everything will be fine, but of course he couldn't even move. "Hay, I was gonna be in this mess regardless if you were in it or not, but having you around does help me. Clint also, but he's just grumpy." Liam chuckled, but that turned into a cough. "I— Ima get some sleep. You sure you don't want the bed?"