Chapter 8-Fire in the house

NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK CITY.

The group of misfits walked into the girl's apartment/room, being greeted by the sight of a golden retriever laying on the floor.

"Some guard dog you got there." Clint commented as he shut the room door.

"Oh, he's, uh, not my dog." Kate answered, her eyes stayed on Liam as she noticed he was shirtless with a coat and the bandages around his abdomen we're turning red.

Liam sat on one of the four red chairs the surrounded a brown table. "Damnit." He cursed quietly.

"Nice place for a kid." Clint said.

"Yeah, I inherited it."

"What are you, 18?" Clint asked.

"I'm 22." She answered.

"Yeah same thing. And you?" Clint looked to Liam.

"18. Well that's my actual age, on my ID I'm 21... never mind." Liam shut up instantly, Kate slightly laughed.

"Alright." Clint turned to Kate. "wanna get that vest off, so I can get going?"

Kate looked down at what she was wearing. "Yeah. Yeah, I'll be right there." She walked over to a set of stairs.

Liam lightly chuckled as he heard her whispering to herself about staying cool because Hawkeye was in her home.

The golden retriever walked over to Liam placing its head on his lap letting out a little whine. "She gave you pizza? Dang, I haven't had pizza in so long, nothing but healthy food."

"Are you talking to the dog?" Clint raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"Uh, no, just trying to distract myself from all this crazy stuff happening." Liam explained.

"Uh-huh. Where'd you get the suit?" Clint yelled out to Kate.

"Black market auction." Kate and Liam both answered.

"And you bought it?"

"No. Not exactly."

"So, what all did you do in this suit?"

"I beat some guys up. Saved the dog. Some light B and E." Kate explained.

"You definitely had a better night then me. I got shot a few times and it feels like I'm concussed." Liam shouted out, his hand was petting the dog in front of him.