Chapter 24-Life is a pain

NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK CITY.

Christmas music played quietly around The city streets, the shifter walked in the cold night of whatever street he was on. All he knew was he was meeting up with Kate so they could head to her home.

Funny thing is that his hotel room is no more, he got kicked out for getting blood on the couches, and braking a few things in the restroom. He thought it was extremely petty.

So all his stuff right now is being delivered at Kate's burnt down apartment, where she is waiting for the stuff. Right now he only had a backpack with his vest, magnetic gloves and a few weapons.

He jumped slightly as his ring tone blared loudly, he quickly reached down and pulled out his phone, he saw Kate was calling him. He answered. "Yo, is my stuff there—"

"Are you okay!?" Kate practically yelled.

Liam pulled his phone from his ear slightly. "What do you mean? I'm fine. Still on the way to your apartment to pick up my stuff."

"Oh thank god." Kate let out a relieved sigh. "Yelena showed up at my place, I thought she was about to go for you since she said she was upset with you."

Liam groaned in annoyance. "She would be upset with me. Look, are you okay? She didn't hurt you?"

"Uh, no... she, uh, made Mac & cheese for the both of us before depressingly telling me about the death of her fiancée. She thinks Clint killed her but... I don't know what to believe. I told her that he wouldn't do anything like that but I didn't really know what to say since I'm not so sure what happened."

"Well, I can confirm Clint did in fact not kill her. Lily Kujo, she was a black widow assassin, during the blip she aided Clint in taking out criminal organizations. Though, since she's not here anymore, they don't bring her up." This confirmation helped Kate relax slightly.

"Oh thank god, I'm glad he didn't kill her, I got worried."

"Well, just know he didn't, he has killed and we all know that but... he's a good man." Liam heard someone behind him, which was wired since he was the only one on this street if her remembers correctly.

"Kate, I'll text you when I get there, thanks again for waiting for my stuff."

"No problem. See you soon."

The line ended after her words, the shifter stopped walking and stood still, letting his ears and nose do their job.

A scent of vanilla hit his nose while the sound of feet moved towards him, their weight told him it was a female. "I know you're there."