Episode 24: I Hate You, Lee Heeseung

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

( 💌 )

- || 300522 ~ Monday || -  =====₊❏❜ 24 - I Hate You, Lee Heeseung ೄྀ࿐

=====
❏❜ 24 - I Hate You, Lee Heeseung ྀ࿐

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MIRAE SLOWLY CLIMBED BACK INTO her room through the big window again like what she usually does daily but, different this time. She was soaked wet in her Hanfu while her body was slightly shivering from the cold after staying under the rain for some time.

"Why did you stay in the fucking rain?" Mirae instantly recognised who it was by the cold tone of his voice. She ignored him with her head still lowered, her eyes staring at the puddle of water on floor from droplets of water from her hair.

"You're going to catch a cold." Heeseung snapped and covered Mirae's body with a thick jacket of his. His sudden act made Mirae look up at him, with her expressionless eyes.

Her eyes were puffy, her nose red, her cheeks dry and her lips were cracked. She cried. "Wait, did you find out about it?" Heeseung noticed signs of Mirae crying. The only reason that she would cry was because of her family's loss.

"What do you mean by I found out about it? You already knew?" His words caught Mirae's attention while realisation started to hit her even harder bit by bit. He stated that by calling my family's death — it. He knew about this?

The reason his parents said that they wanted to have a private talk with him was because of my family situation? Ever since that time, he was acting weird, not allowing me to get out of this palace. Was it because he knew that I would most probably find out about it from the public? They have decided to keep me in here and not ever find about it?

"Mirae-"

"Why did you not tell me earlier on?" Mirae cut him off as the level of aggravation in her increased greatly. "Mirae, the King and the Queen do not want you to get hurt-"

Get hurt?

"GET HURT? DO YOU THINK THAT HIDING THIS FROM ME WOULD NOT HURT ME? ALL SECRETS NEVER LAST, I'M SURE YOU KNOW THAT WELL." Mirae yelled out as she clenched her fist in anger.

"YOU KNEW ABOUT IT EARLIER! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? WERE YOU ALL WAITING FOR ME TO STUPIDLY WAIT FOR SOMEONE FROM THE OUTSIDE TO TELL ME OR WHAT? OR EVEN BETTER, NOT LET ME KNOW ABOUT THIS AT ALL."

"Wait, do you even care about me?" Mirae suddenly remembered. The reason why he would not tell her was most probably because he does not even give the slightest shit about it. Why must he be bothered to even tell it to her? It was also not like he favoured her.

"I- I kept it hidden because it was the King and Queen's order. Not mine." Heeseung monotonously answered with ease. Not even hesitating a second, he just directly replied to her as if it was nothing. He doesn't care...

Mirae could not tolerate it anymore. That was her last straw, she just could not hold it in anymore. Her anger exploded with her senselessly taking out her dagger and stabbing it into the left side of his chest.

It all happened in a split second. The moment when Heeseung felt a deep cold metal hit his skin. At first, he could not feel anything. However, after seconds had gone by, the pain started to hit harder. He could feel the hot liquid oozing out from the wound Mirae created.

His eyes widened in shock and slowly looked back up at Mirae. Her eyes were kept on her hand that was clenching tightly onto her dagger while some of his blood made contact with her hand.

"Lee Heeseung, I have to admit but, I initially trusted you. I seriously trusted you." Mirae recalled the number of times he helped her indirectly. It made her feel a little dependent on him sometimes. She had always found him annoying but, there was a small part of her heart that was willing to trust him. 

When Heeseung heard those words of hers, his eyebrows furrowed subtly. That was something unexpected coming out from Mirae — someone who takes her pride seriously and was quite independent. Someone who disliked getting helped when she felt that she could do it better by herself. Someone who loved attention and compliments hence would be selfish when it comes to working.

Did he make a mistake...

"But, now..." Mirae paused as she looked up at him. Her eyes were filled with nothing but, antagonism. Her strong wish was to kill everyone on the spot without hesitation.

I hate everyone. I hate God. I hate this world. I hate this palace. I hate the black poison. I hate those creators of the black poison. And, I hate you...

"I hate you, Lee Heeseung."

A huge stab of pain could be felt in Heeseung's chest at that moment. Was it because of the dagger or was it her words? He was confused, angry and upset at the same time. Confused by the pain, angry at Mirae's actions and upset because...

Wait, why am I feeling upset?

"I want to kill you." She was about to press the dagger further into his chest. However, the red thread suddenly dragged her hand away from him, making her fall onto the floor.

Only then, when she got some of her senses back.

Mirae glared at the red thread tied to her pinky. She even forgot about its existence for so long. It had stayed so quiet and now it acted up? Wow, idiot.

"Fuck it." Mirae got up and walked out of the room, leaving Heeseung alone in his room.

He stood at his spot, still unable to recover from the great blow. He never ever once expected that Mirae would actually want to...

Kill him.

Why...

Eventually, he slowly pulled out the dagger from his chest. He heard his breaths start to become shaky while his vision started to get blurry.

Mirae... You...

He felt his eyes getting droopy and his knees fell to the ground. Just then, one of his royal guards came in, about to inform him about having another administrative form. However, only saw Heeseung fall onto the ground — unconscious.

"PRINCE LEE!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

——— ( ✍︎︎ ) notes 📝 ———

Hoho... Any thoughts...

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Next Episode

Episode 25 - Just Ignore Me, Would You?