Episode 62: Remarriage?

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

( 💌 )

- || 231022 ~ Sunday || - =====₊❏❜ 62 - Remarriage? ࿐

=====
❏❜ 62 - Remarriage?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MIRAE BLINKED OPEN HER EYES and she found herself lying on a bed. How did she get here? She looked up at the brown wooden ceiling and instantly recognised that she was in a village hut right now. Where was she last night?

Mirae shut her eyes again and memories of yesterday painfully pierce through her mind. She immediately pried open her eyes again and sat up from the blue bed.

"Mirae! You are up! Finally!" Mirae heard a familiar voice and instantly turned to the side.

"Jinae?" Mirae eye's widened in shock upon seeing her servant here. Why was she even doing here? Is this somewhere in the palace? I don't want to be in the palace. Don't tell me...

"Mirae!" Jinae gently hugged out of happiness when Mirae finally woke up. Goodness, no one knew how frightened Jinae was to see Mirae lying on the floor, unconscious in the night.

"Sorry, my house is kinda..." Jinae pulled away from the hug and scratched the back of her head awkwardly. Comparing her little hut to the palace is terrible. "Not very desirable..."

House? Phew... "Thank god..." Mirae heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank god, for what, Mirae?" Jinae curiously asked until she accidentally tripped over her own feet and neatly fell to the ground, if it were not for her supporting herself with the mini table next to the bed.

"Oops! Haha! I'm still as clumsy as always!" Jinae cheekily laughed and Mirae uncontrollably smiled. Jinae never fails to make her mood better!

"Hey! At least, you smiled!" Jinae said while she slowly regained her composure.

"Come on, let me help you with your wound!" Jinae cheerfully held out the medical kit and squatted down to Mirae's knee level. With caution, she carefully cleaned Mirae's injured knee. One hidden talent of hers was to nurse wounds!

"Did you know how worried I was when I saw you lay unconscious on the streets in the late night? I was about to shout all over the place!" Jinae worried while she continued nursing Mirae's knee.

Last night... Mirae thought and remain quiet. She was still perturbed about it but, what could she do? Things are just meant to be like that. She could not escape it at all. Heeseung was this kind of person. Either way, she will know about this sooner or later. So, it was better if she experienced this now than later on.

"Mirae, what went wrong? Why are you even here to begin with?" Jinae started asking questions as curiosity got the best of her. "Do you want to head back to the palace now? Everyone, there must be looking for you madly. Later on, what if the guards start rushing out and go search for you?"

Mirae listened to all of Jinae's questions but, still decided to not answer. She knew that if the moment she did, she would start to cry. She, of course, did not want to cry in front of Jinae. Jinae was still young despite being just a few years younger than Mirae, she had a young, positive and naive mindset. It would be horrible of Mirae to ruin that.

"Mirae, what about Prince Lee?" Jinae said. That name caught Mirae's attention and she instantly shot daggers into Jinae. Jinae could bring up anything. Seriously, anything, even Minjung but, not that other one.

"Get out," Mirae said softly, trying to prevent herself from lashing out at Jinae. However, Jinae just could not get it. She was too concerned about Mirae's well-being. What if Mirae was hurt by Heeseung? Jinae needed to help Mirae in every way possible.

"Mirae, Prince Lee may be searching around anxiously for you. You should head back. Come on." Jinae held onto Mirae's wrist and lightly pulled it.

"NO!" Mirae could not control her anger any further and stood up to raise her voice at Jinae. Her eyes were glaring at Jinae, ready to strangle her anytime soon if Jinae uttered another thing about Heeseung or that stupid palace.

"Get out," Mirae spoke in a manner while she tried to suppress her anger and Jinae hurriedly walked out due to the shock.

Heeseung... Mirae then dropped her body down, sitting back onto the bed and tears streamed down her cheeks the moment she thought about him. She had never felt so heartbroken and disappointed with someone before.

All her family members left her and Heeseung...

Had to leave her too.

Why am I so unlucky? Why am I even brought into this place? Why am I like this? Why did I meet him in the first place? How long does it take for the story to end? How am I supposed to ever get out? Will I even be able to leave here?

Mirae laid back on her bed, hugging the pillow close to her embrace. She gripped tightly onto the pillow sheets while she tried to suppress her muffled cries so that Jinae would leave her alone. Jinae was still young at heart, she did not need to know any of this. She should not mind about it either.

─────── hours later...

"Mirae, have some porridge for lunch. I'm sorry I can't afford much but, this is all I can purchase." Jinae walked into the room and placed the bowl of hot porridge next to the bed where Mirae was resting at. She then looked at Mirae who was still facing the wall, reluctant to talk.

"Mirae, I'm sorry. It's my fault for being so nosy. I have no right to even bother about it. But, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here. I have applied for leave for the next month from the palace so, I can let you stay here for as long as you want." Jinae started explaining and expressing her apology towards Mirae.

"Though I know it's not right to bring up about Prince Lee right now, I still feel that since you are his soulmate, you should have the right to know about it." Jinae gulped in her salvia before she spoke again.

"There's a rumour going around that Prince Lee will have a remarriage with Minjung and the Queen and King are discussing it."

"And before I leave, Prince Lee told me to pass this to you. Don't worry, he doesn't know about your whereabouts. He just told me that if I ever saw you, I must pass this to you. Okay, I'm not going to bother you any further for now. I'll put the note on the table." Jinae reminded and left the room.

After when Mirae heard Jinae's footsteps disappearing, she then turned to the other side of the bed and started to recall whatever Jinae had just told her.

Remarriage? Mirae thought and she carefully picked up the letter from the small table beside her. A simple plain folded note from Heeseung.

Does he not love me anymore?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

——— ( ✍︎︎ ) notes 📝 ———

HOW IS IT?!

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Next Episode

Episode 63 - There's No Use, Really...