Episode 83: Was It All Just A Dream?

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

( 💌 )

- || 060123 ~ Friday || - =====₊❏❜ 83 - Was It All Just A Dream? ࿐

=====
₊❏❜ 83 - Was It All Just A Dream? ࿐

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"MISS YOO? MISS YOO? Are you awake?!" An unfamiliar female voice called out when she saw Mirae's eyes opening slightly.

Where am I?

Mirae finally woke up and she stared at the ceiling in a blur. It was white, made out of concrete and electronic lights were shining right into her eyes.

"Miss Yoo?" The nurse asked as she hurriedly placed down the tray of equipment.

Once the nurse was more sure that Mirae was conscious, she said, "Miss, please do give me a moment, let me call the doctor!" With that, the nurse rushed out of the ward.

Am I back here? Mirae wondered and she got her answer when she saw the modern hospital equipment beside her. But, she did not want to believe her eyes.

Soon, the doctor rushed in and did a short check-up on her. Mirae remained silent as she tried to process whatever was in front of her.

"Miss Yoo, is there any pain in your body?" The doctor inquired and Mirae shook her head.

"Great, I'm sure you are fine now. You can be discharged a day after just in case there might be any symptoms later on." The doctor concluded and left the room, leaving Mirae and the nurse.

"Mirae, it's me! Your co-worker, Dahee!" The nurse introduced, wondering if Mirae could recognise her.

Co-worker, Dahee... Mirae forced herself to recall. Her eyebrows crossed when a slight memory flooded her mind.

━━━━━━━ recall...

"Mirae, I'm so sorry! I just got my period, can you take care of patient 151 for me just for a while? He needs to take his medication now!" Dahee woke the Mirae from slumber.

Mirae then groaned before nodding her head.

━━━━━━━ end of recall...

Patient 151...

Heeseung.

"WHERE'S PATIENT 151?" Mirae raised her voice, grabbing onto Dahee's wrist. Out of confusion, Dahee replied, "Why? Why patient 151? This ward is 172. You are in ward 172, Mirae." 

That was not what Mirae was bothered about. If she was in room 172, then room 151 would be downstairs. That was what Mirae processed hence, she quickly pulled out all the things that were injected into her arm and rushed out of the room. 

"MIRAE, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!"

The lift was too slow, Mirae took the stairs, nearly tripping due to her weak legs. But, it did not matter. She just had to see Heeseung. He promised that he would be there for her. He said he would. He vowed. 

Upon reaching the destination, all she saw was a mother and father crying heavily while a body that was covered with a white cloth was pushed out of the room and that room was...

Room 151. 

"My son... Please... Someone, please save my child... He is still so young..." The lady cried out while her husband was tearing beside her. 

Mirae's heart stopped. She could not process this at all. This must be fake, right? This can't be real. She shook her head as she took a step back. 

"Mirae!" Dahee finally caught up with Mirae wanting to call her back but, she stopped when she saw Mirae standing in shock her eyes were on room 151. 

Dahee then exhaled and walked towards Mirae, standing next to her and explain, "A young male around his twenties died due to leukaemia." She spoke with a solemn tone. 

Heeseung... Mirae fell to the ground crying heavily. She could not control her emotions at all. She did not understand what was going on at all. Why was God doing this to her? Why was no one saving her? Why must all of this happen to her? It was nightmares over nightmares, repeating themselves in different ways, again and again, scarring the young girl who was only in her early twenties.

━━━━━━━ hours later...

"It was on the 15th of April 2022 when I tried to call you up but, you could not at all. Then, that was when I realised that you have fainted. The doctors, of them, said you were fine despite being unconscious. All of them could not find what was wrong and you were in a coma for about a year." Dahee slowly told Mirae about whatever things happened. 

Mirae lay on her bed in silence while she listened to Dahee. But, to be frank, she did not pay attention at all. Her mind was still bothered about the incident earlier on. 

Heeseung left her, all alone here... 

Or in fact, the Heeseung she met in her coma was not even real at all. Just now, she searched for the drama, 'Red Thread' and there was no such thing at all. She searched the entire internet for an hour and to her avail, she found nothing. 

The fact that she entered ward 151 a year ago was also a part of her dream. She never met him before. Not even once. He was just part of her imagination.

"What date is it, today?" Mirae asked.

"6th of January 2023," Dahee answered Mirae's question.

It truly has been a year... Mirae looked at her hands in sadness until the scar on her wrist caught her attention and a memory flashed past her mind. 

━━━━━━━ flashback...

There were many questions brought up to Mirae about what happened to Heeseung but, Mirae just replied that she was not sure. She just could not give a damn about it. Heeseung deserved it anyway. How dare he hid from her that her father was murdered by the people of Eodum? 

The glass in her cracked due to her strong force as her blood and the shattered glass pieces were all over the floor. Maids hurriedly rushed to clean her mess up and one of them decided to help Mirae with her wound but, Mirae pushed her away. It was a minor wound, nothing much to worry about.

She looked at the red straightly sliced wound on her wrist, near her right palm. If this was seen in her real world, people would have thought that she attempted to kill herself or something.

━━━━━━━ end of flashback...

"D-Dahee..." Mirae called out in realisation as her eyes widened in shock. The confused Dahee who sat on a chair beside the bed, looked at Mirae, wondering what was wrong. 

"Where did I get this scar from?" 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

——— ( ✍︎︎ ) notes 📝 ———

HAHAHA, BYE BYE HEESEUNG- 

OMG, LAST SECOND CHAPTER!

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Next Episode

Episode 84 - Tears Of Love