7 | Mistakenly Scented My Shirt

04.03.2022📍

"Jimin. What are you doing here?" Jin came out of the kitchen's full length window. Jimin looked at him, quickly wiping his tears. "Are you crying? Why are you crying?" Jin asked worried. Jimin looked down, staring at his coffee. "Coffee isn't warm" he said in a whisper, sadly smiling.

"That's it?" Jin took Jimin's face in his hands. Trying to look in his eyes. But Jimin wasn't looking up. "Jimin, we can always make it warm, do you want me to do that for you?" Jin asked him and Jimin wasn't able to stop his tears when Jin's concerned voice calmed him down a little. Jin's voice is like a worried mom. And it shook his feelings of craving for a mother's warmth.

A choked sob escaped his lips and Jin immediately took the coffee mug out of his trembling hands. He doesn't know if he's doing right or wrong, but his motherly instincts tell him to just do it. He pulled Jimin in his chest, wrapping his arms around his tiny frame.

"You are scaring me baby. What happened to you?" Jin asked feeling over concerned. Jungkook sensed his mom's thick pheromones and it woke him up. He looked through the curtains. His mom is there, hugging the omega, whose frame seems to be shaking from behind. He turns around thinking what's happening.

He comes out of his room, into the kitchen. From front, he can see the omega crying in his mom's embrace. He made eye contact with Jin. Jin motioned him to leave them alone. Jimin is vulnerable right now, he won't want anyone to see him like this.

After a few minutes of silently crying on Jin's chest and Jin rubbing his back non stop, trying to comfort him with his soothing words, Jimin sits back straight. He sniffles and Jin lovingly smiles at him, wiping his eyes and giving him hanky for his runny nose.

"Do you want to talk Jimin. I'm your mother's age, so I might help." Jin said unaware of the fact that the mention of mother burns Jimin's heart. Jimin takes a long breathe. "She would have been your age, if I hadn't lost her" Jimin told Jin, and Jin closed his eyes for a second. He again engulfed Jimin in a hug "So today is-"

"The day when I lost her." Jimin completed, clutching Jin's shirt in his fingers. After a calming silence, Jin spoke again "She must be so beautiful, she made a beautiful child." Jimin smiled and felt a little bit calm. "Yes, my mom was so beautiful. Just like you." Jimin said and leaned in to peck Jin's cheek.

Jin smiled at him and ruffled his hair. "I don't think there is anything I can say to make you forget about your loss, but your mom is right here in your heart Jimin. And she is happy that her baby is grown up to be so sweet and adorable" Jin said and Jimin shyly smiled.

"Thankyou for being here. I feel better now" Jimin said, looking directly into Jin's eyes. Jin nods at him. "Do you want to do something special today" Jin asked him. And Jimin nodded "hm I'm thinking of going to a temple, my mom was very religious."

"Oh yes. I have a photograph. It's a bit old but can you tell me where that temple is?" Jimin asked Jin and Jin asked for the photograph. Jimin ran to his room, opening his suitcase, and searching for the photos. He got back to Jin "here". Jin looked at the photograph and he knows what place it is. He tells Jimin the name and advises him to ask Jungkook how to get there.

"Thankyou J. You are the best" Jimin smiles making Jin chuckle at him. "Btw J, I think I should tell you why I came to korea." Jin waited for him to continue. "It sounds pathetic, but you already saw me being pathetic so I'll tell you now" Jimin says disrespecting himself but Jin wasn't having it.

"Nothing makes you pathetic Jimin. It's sad that-"
"I don't even know who my dad is" Jimin said quickly. And Jin stopped on whatever he was saying. He couldn't find the right words.