49 | Why Is It Always Me

07.06.2022📍

"It's all my fault." Jungkook said from behind. Tears in his eyes, a sad smile displayed on his lips. "I'm sorry towards both of you... I'm sorry..."

Jimin was feeling awful looking at Jungkook so much in pain. He can't even do anything to make it right.

Namjoon too was feeling sad. At one hand, his son & mate were united after so long. On the other hand is Jungkook, who feels seperated.

It weighs in Namjoon's heart. First, it was Jungkook who never listened to him. Now it's because of Jimin being in the equation, that he cannot tell them anything.

Just then, a lady knocked on the door before inviting herself in. Namjoon & Jin, both recognised her. "What the hell are you doing here Ms. Lee... Get out from here" Namjoon yelled angry.

Taehyung has seen her somewhere, but he doesn't remember clearly. While Jimin & Jungkook doesn't know who she is.

"I'm here to meet Jimin..."
Jimin, along with others, grew confused.

"I'm Lee Areum, Mr. Kim's former secretary..." She introduced herself.

"Areum! I said leave!" Namjoon said with gritted teeth.

Taehyung finally remembers her. She is the same lady who had told him something in his childhood. He doesn't want to listen to the same thing again.

But before he can leave, Jin holds his hand and stops him from going anywhere. He looks down, and sits back on the bed beside Jin.

"Jimin... I'm Veronica..."

Jimin looked at her with big eyes. They were supposed to meet tomorrow. Namjoon again warns her not to say anything and leave the room.

Jimin is confused on why is Namjoon stopping her from even speaking. She is here to meet him, why is Namjoon asking her to go then.

"I'm here to tell you about something... It relates to all of you..."

"Are you Mr. Jeon's son?" She asks looking at Jungkook who has similar features like his dad. Jungkook nods confused.

"Please... for God's sake... Don't do this to them." Namjoon tries to request even. But Jimin interferes... "I want to know."

Everyone looks at him. "I want to know what actually happened in past... What is there N... Let me know... Please"

"Jimin... It's in the past... Let's not talk about it. It's not good for you... Please-"

"Let him know" Jungkook supported him. He was so curious now. What was left in the past that he doesn't already know. Why was Namjoon being so adamant.

All this while, Taehyung was feeling uncomfortable. He doesn't want to hear whatever it is. He doesn't want to hear anything against his dad that will make him want to let go of him.

"N... For my sake... Please" Jimin convinced him softly. Namjoon sighed at their stubbornness. He looked down defeated. And nodded.

He was standing just beside Jimin. On the other side, there was Jungkook.

Veronica started. "I used to work as Mr. Kim's secretary. Mr. Kim was a very righteous person and that made me admire him a lot. I used to work diligently. But then... I fell in love..."

Veronica trailed off, looking somewhere else. Like she was reliving the past. "He used to pamper me a lot. He will always look out for me at work. If someone looked at me maliciously, he'll always get in that agressive alpha mode... It was kind of cute..."