48 | It's All My Fault

06.06.2022📍

Taehyung subsides his sniffles and silently escapes the place. He was feeling suffocated there. At this time when his mom could have been taking his last breathes, he doesn't see what benefit it did to hate him half of his life. Was that hatred even worth it in the end.

Taehyung wiped his tears and saw Jimin coming back with something in his hands. Their eyes met, and Jimin felt his emotions slipping away.

He has gone through his mother's loss at such a young age. That time he was just abandoned. He was too little to feel any other pain. But now, when he feels Jin going away from them, he feels something breaking in him. A part of him is missing that he never realised was there in the first place.

Jimin sees Taehyung desperately trying to wipe his eyes, and feels a different kind of connection with him. Both have lived without a mother's love. This connection makes him want to go hug Taehyung tightly.

And that he does.

Taehyung wraps his arms around him, and finally bursts in tears. He cannot keep it going now. He needs someone to understand him. How difficult it was in the past. And how difficult it is now to let go of his hatred when the thought of losing his mother once again is much more difficult.

How is he supposed to act now? Why was he hating his mom to begin with? Everything seems regretful. He cries silently, tightly holding Jimin in his arms, as the only source of comfort.

Jimin too is seeking comfort in Taehyung, he doesn't even realise when he scents his shirt, mistakenly. He realises if Tae is here, then that means Jungkook is back too. He parts from the hug, and wipes Taehyung's tears.

"Mom will get well soon... Don't worry okay..." He says, with tears in his own eyes, and worry plastered on his face. Taehyung sniffles, and sadly chuckles "Why are you worried then... Don't worry, appa is here to keep mo(m)-" he stops midway.

"I'll come back after washing my face..." He leaves Jimin to go to washroom. Jimin wipes his face, takes a long breath to go to his Alpha. Someone needs to be strong.

Jungkook was still sitting with his head clutched in his hands. It breaks Jimin's heart to see him this vulnerable. He walks to him. "Mr. Jeon... These are the medicine that doc-"

Jimin couldn't complete his sentence when Jungkook suddenly wrapped his arms around his waist, and placed his head on his belly. Jimin too wrapped his arms around his neck, caressing his back gently.

"I'm not strong today... I'm scared Jimin..." Jungkook whispers in his shirt. Jimin's eyes tear up again. He crouches down to look directly in Jungkook's teary eyes.

"You are strong... I'm strong too. Taehyung is strong too. And N... N is strongest. Not more strong than Mom though. So don't worry about him Alpha..."

Jungkook closes his eyes. Jimin hugs him. "Mom has his mate with him. A mate can heal their mate like magic. Trust their bond." Jimin completes.

Jungkook nods up & down. They both wipe each other's tears.

.

Namjoon comes out of the cabin and yells for doctor. Taehyung comes too, and the doctor comes running. Everyone goes inside the cabin with doctor.

"Don't forget omega is in his heat. Getting a strong scent when you were lacking it before can be a lot overwhelming for omegas." The doctor tells everyone not to panic.

But how can the family remain calm when Jin can be seen in evident pain even in his semi-conscious state. The doctor turns towards Namjoon. "Mr. Kim... We'll give you a couple's cabin... You know what to do right. Take care of your omega. He'll be okay within a day."