two

"I have your results for the previous exam. I think you all know who got the top three in class," Mrs Geum sighed as she eyed Heeseung, Areum and Beomgyu. All the students frowned and glared at the three smart students.

"It's always the same people."

"Let me tell you, the day someone beat them is the day I die."

"It's always them. The only thing that changes is who gets the first place. We know Beomgyu will always be third."

Areum heard all the students whisper to each other and fixed her posture awkwardly. Heeseung, on the other hand, was relaxed as he leaned back against his chair.

"As usual, Beomgyu. Congratulations on getting third place," Mrs Geum announced. She narrowed her eyes, "This time, Heeseung gets the first place and Areum second."

The said girl widened her eyes in shock, "You? First place?!" She whisper-yelled as she glared at the guy next to her.

Heeseung shrugged and put on a proud smirk on his face. She scoffed and folded her arms, listening as the teacher announced the places to other students.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

The school session finally ended. Sun was shining too bright, making Areum uncomfortable with her hair down. She turned around and saw Beomgyu running his fingers through his hair as he made his way to the entrance.

"Beomgyu-yah," she called before scurrying towards him. He widened his eyes and felt his heart doing backflips in his chest. The way her hair swayed side to side as she ran to him.

Her smile, her everything, was perfect to him. He cleared his throat when she reached him.

"Do you have an extra hair tie? It's a bit uncomfortable for me to walk around with my hair down," she said.

He nodded and rummaged through his backpack, searching for a hair tie. He always tells everyone that the hair ties were for him. But the truth was, they're for Areum.

He knew she would always feel uncomfortable with her long hair during sunny days and he wanted her to always ask him for hair ties. He wanted her to always talk to him. Her voice calms him and makes him forget all his concerns and worries.

So this is how you feel when you're in love, he thought to himself.

"Thanks," she smiled before tying her hair into a ponytail. Her lips curved into a small frown as she saw her enemy walking out of the school.

Lee Heeseung, that stupid selfish bastard.

She was about to walk away immediately when his voice stopped her, "So, Areum. You better not cry getting home with a second place."

She tightened her grip around her backpack and turned around to face him, "You know that this is not over, right? I will make you cry when I beat you in the final-year exam later. Just you wait and you know I never break promises."

"So scared," he mocked.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Heeseung nodded as the housemaids bowed to greet him. He stopped walking when he saw his father reading a newspaper in the living room.

"Lee Heeseung. I heard you got your exam results today," his father said with a stern tone. His father was the first man he feared the most (the second was Mr Oh).

"I got the first place," he told Mr Lee, making sure there were no signs of trembling and fear in his voice.

Mr Lee smirked, "I assume Areum got the second place. Never let her beat you, Heeseung. I never liked her anyway."

His father stood up and was about to leave until he asked, "Dad, will you be home late today?"

"Yeah. The election is just around the corner so all the politicians are busy right now."

Heeseung nodded and bowed before watching his father leave the living room.