seven

Areum smiled when she washed the last plate in the sink. She looked at the view outside the window. The sky was still grey and gloomy. Raindrops fell, creating a peaceful sound. She wiped her hands with a clean napkin before heading to the living room.

Heeseung was asleep as he hugged his backpack close to his chest. He was breathing calmly, creating little snores. Areum's cheeks formed a warm shade of pink. She took careful steps towards him before kneeling in front of him.

Her doe eyes stared at him with curiosity and admiration. Her hands moved closer to his face to move a few strands of hair.

Without realising, her lips curved into a small smile. The room was a bit dark and quiet since the only light that was shining through was the light from the view outside.

"I never knew you can look so handsome when you're asleep," she muttered under her breath as she admired his facial features. He slowly opened his eyes, making her flinch in surprise.

She immediately grabbed a pillow before hitting his face, "Yah! You scared me!"

He frowned and cupped his nose in pain, "What was that for?"

"Sorry. I was startled," she lowered her gaze. He gave her a death stare before looking at the window, "It's still raining?"

"It's not stopping. You should call your mother to come to pick you up."

"It's fine. I have an umbrella," he said before putting on his backpack. She thought for a while, "Wait here."

Heeseung watched as she went into her room. He waited for a few minutes and averted his gaze to her again when he saw her coming out with a scarf.

"Wear this. You'll get sick in the rain," she said before wrapping the scarf around his neck. His heart pounded quickly. His cheeks formed a warm shade of red.

"I guess this is it. I'll see you in school," he said before leaving the house.

Mrs Jung opened the bedroom door and was about to walk out until she saw Areum smiling to herself. Heeseung and her were bidding goodbyes. Her stepdaughter closed the entrance door and sat on the couch, exhaling heavily.

Areum's smile was too big that her cheeks were starting to hurt. Mrs Jung smiled softly and closed back the door slowly to give her stepdaughter some privacy.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

╔═══════════════════╗
a few days later.
╚═══════════════════╝

"You're wearing just that to Jiyeon's party?" Mrs Lee asked as she gave her son a confused look. Heeseung sighed before checking his hoodie in the mirror, "I'm not going to the party."

"Why? Her parents even told me to remind you about the party," she said before sitting at the edge of the bed.

"I don't like crowded places. And besides, she likes to bully people and think that the world revolves around her."

Mrs Lee tried to hide her smile before asking, "Do you dislike her because she bullies Areum?"

"How do you know she bullies Areum?"

"Heeseung, I go to your school a lot for meetings. Of course, I would ask about your class issues. The teacher said that Jiyeon bullies Areum a lot. Is that why you're not going to the party? To protect Areum?"

Heeseung scoffed, "Who said that? It's just common sense. And I'm not protecting Areum."

"Alright," Mrs Lee teased before leaving the room.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

There was another place Heeseung wanted to go other than the party. He stopped walking when he reached the front of a convenience store. He glanced at his watch. The clock was about to strike at 9 pm.

The stars twinkled to greet him. He exhaled heavily when he saw Areum eating instant noodles alone at one of the tables outside the store.

He approached her and silently sat in front of her. She frowned and put down the chopsticks.

"Don't you have a party to attend to?" She asked before drinking her banana milk.

"I'm not in the mood for partying. What makes you come here? Studying again?"

She lowered her gaze, "No. You said that I should enjoy more this school break. So I'm doing that."

His lips curved into a small smile when she considered his advice. He leaned back against the chair, "Do you want anything else? I'll buy it for you."

A bright smile was plastered on her face. She leaned forward before saying, "Can you buy me another cup of noodles?"