twenty

"I'll come back tomorrow for another questioning with Minhyuk. If you have any new information, Ni-ki will be in his room," Areum said as she walked to the entrance.

Heeseung frowned, "Can you come back never? Of all the hospitals in Seoul, why here?"

She scoffed and turned around to face the doctor behind her, "Yah, you don't even own this hospital."

"I work here. And I hope to never see you again after this case ends."

"After fourteen years of not meeting each other, I really thought you'll at least be more mature. Seems like you're still a kid."

Heeseung glared at her, "Did you come here because you missed me? Oh so sad."

"No wonder why you're still single, loser,"  she mumbled under her breath. He heard her words, "Yah!"

"Why?!" She shouted back. Both of them earned attention from the people around them. "I hope you choke on your gun," he muttered before walking away.

She turned around before leaving the lobby, "You'll be choking on it first. Asshole."

She stepped out of the building and ran her fingers through her hair frustratedly. "That bastard thinks he can do anything just because he works there?"

She was about to kick the entrance door until a voice startled her, "What are you doing?"

She turned around and saw Beomgyu waiting for her. She smiled and ran to him, "I thought you'll be working. I was just about to go home."

They both walked to his car. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulders as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Did you fight with someone?" He asked out of the blue. "I was hoping you wouldn't ask," she answered, pulling away.

He chuckled in amusement before tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ear. "I know you have anger issues. They're just lucky you didn't use your gun."

She laughed at his remarks.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Heeseung walked back and forth in his office. He was still frustrated after he argued with Areum. The door suddenly opened, revealing Jiah who came with a confused expression.

"Uncle Heeseung," she called before sitting on the couch. He followed her before sitting across her, waiting for her to continue her sentence.

"Who's the lady that you argued with just now?"

"You saw us?" He asked, arching an eyebrow. "You guys were shouting like people escaping the mental asylum," she answered blankly.

"That's just some random crazy lady who escaped from the mental–"

"The mental asylum? Yeah, I just said that. And you need to stop calling people you don't like, that word. It's getting old."

He sighed and rubbed his temple, "What do you want, Jiah?"

"Aunty Daera is calling for you. I think it's about work and about you shouting in the middle of the lobby."

He leaned back against the couch and exhaled tiredly, "Does it have to be now?"

"She doesn't sound so happy, uncle."

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"Screaming like a maniac in the lobby? Seriously? Heeseung, you scared the patients. Especially the old ones," Daera scolded as she walked back and forth. Her office became silent with all the tension that filled the room.

Jiah sat at the corner with her uncle, Jay as they both read a book together.

Heeseung was not annoyed by being scolded. He was more concerned about the director scolding him while walking around. Daera was pregnant and she was approaching her labour date.

He was afraid that her baby bump would hit the furniture. "Be careful," he said worriedly.

"You don't have to be worried about me, Heeseung. This is a private hospital where wealthy and well-known people come to get treated! You have an image to take care of. Do you know how annoyed I am about people complaining about our staffs' attitude every day?! Which reminds me, I have to tell Jake to fire some of them."

He lowered his gaze and gulped in fear, "Sorry."

She calmed down and exhaled tiredly, "Can you pass me that dolphin pillow? I'm a bit tired."

Jay immediately stood up and helped her sit down on the couch. He faced his friend who was still standing awkwardly due to all the scolding.

"Another thing, Heeseung. The parents of the ten dead children are coming tomorrow. Make sure that they don't attack Minhyuk or even approach his room. We don't want the boy to die before the questioning even starts," he said, patting his wife's back gently.

Heeseung nodded, signalling that he understood the orders. He looked at Jiah before putting out a hand, "Come, Jiah. I'll send you to your grandfather's house. It's getting late now."

The married couple watched as he led the little girl out of the office. Jay sighed and sat next to his wife before pulling her into a cuddle.

"You must be tired from all the shouting," he said softly. Daera frowned, "What is with Heeseung and the detective? She seems so nice. And a bit scary too."

"I don't know. He is quite secretive."

"Don't you think something happened between them?" She asked excitedly.

"Like what?"

"Maybe they dated? Or, they met before? Who knows?"

Jay laughed, "The only person he has liked was my sister, Daera. And he couldn't even win her. To think he won Detective Jung's heart? That woman is too good for him."

"Who knows? They both look good for each other. Or is it just me?"

"You're not going to find out about it, are you?"

There was no response. Jay pulled away from the cuddle and held both of her shoulders, "Daera, you shouldn't meddle into other people's business."

She frowned and stood up before walking to her desk, "Fine, I'll just meddle into yours."

He chuckled and kissed her on her head before leaving the office.