Chapter Four

The keeper of the keys

"Where's the cannon?" he said stupidly.

There was a crash behind them and Uncle Vernon came skidding into the room, holding a rifle. "Whos there?" he shouted. "I warn you — I'm armed!" There was a pause. Then — SMASH!

Everyone leans forward in their seats waiting for what happen

"he shouldn't have that around the kids!" Shouted lily

"What's a rifle?" Asked Arthur Weasley
"It's like a wand but muggle Way"

The door was hit with such force that it swung clean off its hinges and with a deafening crash landed flat on the floor.
A giant of a man was standing in the doorway. His face was almost completely hidden by a long, shaggy, mane of hair and a wild, tangled beard.

"HAGRID" screamed the marauders

The giant squeezed his way into the but. Stooping so that his head just brushed the ceiling. He bent down, picked up the door, and fitted it easily back into its frame. He turned to look at them all.

"Sorry bout that," said the giant

Uncle Vernon made a funny rasping noise. "I demand that you leave at once!" He said, "you are breaking and entering!"
"Dry up, Dursley, yeh great prune," said the giant: he reached over and bent the rifle into a knot as easily as if it was made of rubber which made the thing go off and shoot in the air.
Dudley jumped back while Aunt petunia gasped

The giant walked over to Dudley,
"Boy, last' time I saw you, you were only a baby, Harry. But you're a bit more along than what I've would have expected" said the giant "particularly right in the middle, now where's you sister at?"

Dudley gasping for breath "Uh — I'm not Harry."
Harry steps out of his hiding spot with Primrose right next to  him, " I— I am"

"And I'm the most amazingly awesome primrose'' 

"Well, of course, you are. got some for the both of you, afraid I might have sat on it on the way here,"

"But I imagine it'll taste just fine." Said the giant, as he pulled out a white square-shaped box.

"Baked it myself, words and all."
Harry opened the box with trembling fingers. Inside was a large sticky chocolate cake with 'happy birthday, Harry and Primrose' in green icing

"Thank you." Said the twin together.
"Not everyday young man and women turn eleven, is it?"

The giant took a seat on the couch, and pulled out an umbrella, and pointed it to the empty fireplace which made flames light in it.

"Wicked," said primrose
"Excuse me, but who are you?"
The giant chuckled "Rubeus Hagrid, keeper of keys and grounds of Hogwarts"

He held out an enormous hand and shook Harry's whole arm, and then turned to Primrose who only shook a finger.