Chapter Fourty-Two

Sirius Black

"Hold on, Ron!" Harry shouts,

But it's no use. The dog was too powerful. Harry glances around desperately, then finds himself looking directly into Ron's eyes.

"He's going to sacrifice himself isn't he?"

Barry rubs his forehead, "I'm getting a weird sense of Deja vu from when they were in their first year."

Harry shakes his head frantically, "No, Ron.."

One by one, Ron releases his fingers from Harry's forearm. Sacrificing himself.

"Gosh dang it!" Arthur curses.

"Nooooo!!!"

But Ron closes his eyes, releases his hands fully, and Disappears.

Harry and Hermione rise, and peer into the hole.

WHOMP!

The Whomping Willow sweeps first Hermione, then Harry, into the air and drops them on their backsides.

The Marauders winced, knowing how painful that could be.

Primrose winces, glad she'd stayed behind.

As one, Hermione and Harry rise and run back toward the gap in the tree.

A branch swoops down. Hermione ducks. Harry doesn't causing him to get flung one way, his glasses the other.

Hermione hops over another branch looking briefly pleased with herself—only to find herself swept High In The air by a second branch.

A few wince again.

She looks down and sees Harry searching the ground for his glasses.

Primrose picks them up from the ground and hands them to him.

"HARRY PRIMROSE!"

They both look up to see Hermione flying toward them, they quickly roll to the side.

"Harry—we've got to go for help—" Hermione gasped; in pain, bleeding.

McGonagall nods her head, "Yes go get help."

"No! That thing's big enough to eat him; we haven't got time—"

"Harry we're never going to get through without help—"

Primrose was cut off by another branch whipping down at them, twigs clenched like knuckles.

"If that dog can get in, we can," Harry panted, darting here and there, trying to find a way through the vicious, swishing branches, but he couldn't get an inch nearer to the tree roots without being in the range of the tree's blows.

"Oh, help, help," Hermione whispered frantically, dancing U certainly on the spot, "Please..."

Crookshanks darts forward. He slithered between the battering branches like a snake and placed his front paws upon a knot on the trunk. Abruptly, as though the tree had been turned to marble, it stopped moving. Not a leaf twitched or shook.