Chapter Forty

The Patronus
(Not edited)

Primrose hadn't left her bed since that day in Hogsmeade. Her friends were worried about her, mostly Mattheo.

He quietly eased into her room and slipped under the covers, he raised a hand to stroke her hair.

"No no no!" James yells.

"James please shut the fuck up."

"You okay?"

"He was their friend." Primrose choked out.

"Who?"

"Black. And nobody told me, Dumbledore, Hagrid, Mr. Weasley, the damn minister. why hadn't they mentioned the fact that my parents had died because their best friend had betrayed them?"

By the end of her sentence tears were streaming down her face, making Mattheo even more upset. He didn't like to see her upset.

"Poor kid, man." Says Rabastan,

Sirius couldn't take it anymore, he gets up and walks towards where the bathrooms were, he slams the door behind

James sighs,

"Everyone worried about you prim."

"I'm fine." The truth was she wasn't but she hated the thought of anyone worried about her, she didn't want to be a bother to her friends.

"Relatable."

"Blaise and Draco are worried that you're gonna do something stupid."

Primrose sniffed, "like what?"

"I dunno like go after black with your dumb brother."

She went silent causing him to sit up,

"Please no" Lily begs.

"You won't will you?"

Primrose started up into his eyes, full of worry. She smiled weakly, "No I won't. I promise."

Some promises are meant to be broken.

[While all that's happening Harry is in professor Lupin's room.]

Lupin paces before a Large Trunk.

"You're sure about this, Harry? This is very advanced magic. Well beyond Ordinary Wizarding Level."

"If Black can fight the Dementors, need to know now too," Harry states, fist curling at the thought of black.

Regulus looks over to where the bathrooms are, His brother still hasn't come back.

Lupin studies Harry as if conflicted—then decides.

"Very well. The spell I'm going to teach you is called the Patronus Charm. Ever hear of it?"

Harry shakes his head.

"A Patronus is a kind of positive force. For the wizard who can conjure one, the Patronus works something like a shield. The Dementor feeds on it instead of him."

Just then, the trunk rattles violently. As Harry's eyes wander, Lupin snaps his fingers and brings his attention back.

"Why are we doing this again?"

"Because your future husband's best friend is a murderer," Regulus says boredly.

"That's also your brother." Barty points out.