Chapter fity seven

Veritaserum/End of the year

A/N: Again this chapter won't have as many reactions but I still hope you enjoy :)

[Harry landed face first on the ground; his face was pressed into the grass; the smell of it filled his nostrils. Cedric's body was beneath him and the cup was tightly in his hand. Primrose who passed out while on the way back layed beside him]

Breaths of relief were let out, they were okay, Harry and Primrose made it back to Hogwarts.

He had closed his eyes while the Portkey transported him, and he kept them closed now. He did not move. All the breath seemed to have been knocked out of him.

The crowd cheers not knowing what
has taken place and triumph; music starts to play. Then screams are heard as people start to notice that Cedric wasn't breathing.

[Blaise, Mattheo, Draco, and Theodore all stand staring at Primrose body.]

"Do you think she's..."

"Don't even say it." Mattheo spits

Draco shook his head, "What do you think happened out there?"

"Nothing good Draco, nothing good."

[A pair of hands seized Harry roughly and turned him over.]

"Harry! Harry!"

He opened his eyes. He was looking up at the starry sky, and Albus Dumbledore was crouched over him. The dark shadows of a crowd of people pressed in around them, pushing nearer; Harry felt the ground beneath his head reverberating with their footsteps.

Harry let go of the Cup, but he clutched Cedric to him even more tightly. He raised his free hand and seized Dumbledore's wrist, while Dumbledore's face swam in and out of focus.

"He's back," Harry whispered. "He's back. Voldemort."

People flinch.

"What's going on? What's happened?"

The face of Cornelius Fudge appeared upside down over Harry; it looked white, appalled.

"My God - Diggory!" He whispered as he looked at Cedric "Dumbledore - he's dead!"

"No he's just sleeping." Rodolphus scoffed.

"Harry, let go of him," he heard Fudge's voice say, and he felt fingers trying to pry him from Cedric's limp body, but Harry wouldn't let him go. Then Dumbledore's face, which was still blurred and misted, came closer.

"Harry, you can't help him now. It's over. Let go."

"He wanted me to bring him back," Harry muttered - it seemed important to explain this. "He wanted me to bring him back to his parents.."

"That's right, Harry... just let go now."

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are... too many people."

"Both Potters are hurt, Albus.
Shall I take them to the hospital—"

"No. My office. Take him to my—"

"No they should go to the Hospital!" Lily shrieks, face red.

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!"

Diggory's face collapses horribly and breaks down wailing. A breath escapes
Harry as if he had been holding something in and tears invade his eyes.