Chapter twenty two

Mudbloods and Murmurs

A/N; I'm finally on summer break so expect lots of updates.

[Harry is walking down the corridor wearing his Quidditch outfit, accompanied by the rest of the team: Oliver Wood, Fred, George, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, and Katie Bell.]

"Quidditch!"

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We are going to train earlier, harder, and longer."

The Marauders share a look, "sounds like someone we know,"

Oliver glances to his left, and the rest of the team follows his gaze, "What...? I don't believe it." The camera pans to where they were looking, stepping out into the courtyard, they come across the Slytherin Quidditch team, also dressed for Quidditch,

"That doesn't look too good."

Ron, primrose, and Hermione are sitting nearby watching closely; Oliver directs his attention to the team's captain, Marcus Flint, "Where do you think you're going, Flint?" He asked

"Quidditch practice."

Oliver shakes his head, "I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."

Marcus rolls his eyes, "Easy, Wood. I've got a note." He hands Oliver a rolled-up scroll; Wood takes it and opens it

Oliver reads the parchment out loud, "I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker."

He looks up from the parchment, distracted, "You've got a new Seeker, who? "

Marcus steps aside, and Draco steps out towards the Gryffindor team members.

"That little shît!" Sirius yells earning a glare from his cousin.

He rolls his eyes, "what it's true."

"Aren't you Lu­cius Mal­foy's son?" said Fred, look­ing at Mal­foy with dis­like.

"Fun­ny you should men­tion Dra­co's father," said Flint as the whole Slytherin team smiled still more broad­ly. "Let me show you the gen­er­ous gift he's made to the Slytherin team."

All sev­en of them held out their broom­sticks. Sev­en high­ly pol­ished, brand-​new han­dles and sev­en sets of fine gold let­ting spelling the words Nim­bus Two Thousand and One gleamed un­der the Gryffind­ors' noses in the ear­ly morn­ing sun.

All the quidditch players in the room gasps,

"Very lat­est mod­el. On­ly came out last month," said Flint care­less­ly, flick­ing a speck of dust from the end of his own. "I be­lieve it out­strips the old Two Thou­sand se­ries by a con­sid­er­able amount. As for the old Clean­sweeps" — he smiled nas­ti­ly at Fred and George, who were both clutch­ing Clean­sweep Fives —"sweeps the board with them."

"Oh, look," said Flint, looking over Oliver's shoulder. "A field in­va­sion."

Primrose, Ron, and Hermione were crossing the grass to see what was go­ing on.

"What's hap­pen­ing?" Primrose asked Harry. "Why aren't you play­ing? And what's the do­ing here?"

She was look­ing at Mal­foy, tak­ing in his Slytherin Quid­ditch robes.

"I'm the new Slytherin Seek­er, Prim," said Draco, smug­ly.

"Okay okay, I know sometimes he's a little shit, but his friendship with her is so cute."