Chapter fifty one

The Yule ball

(Not edited)

[the screen opens back up to show Primrose, who has a few bruises and an arm in a splint, walking fastly down the corridor. She bumps into someone.]

James's breathing becomes heavy, "That fucking shit did this to my daughter!"

"James James! Everything will be okay—"

"No, it won't! My daughter is getting abused by some fuck!" James croaks, eyes watering,

It felt like he was he was finding out that Sirius was getting abused and not being able to do anything all over again.

He felt helpless. His own daughter. His sweet little Bambi.

"Ah, shit I'm sorry I wasn't paying atten—"

"It's okay. No need to apologize." Said a soft dreamy voice making Primrose look up.

In front of her was a girl with waist-length, dirty blonde hair and the bluest eyes Primrose had ever seen. She also had a necklace made out of butterbeer corks around her neck.

The girl gave Primrose a smile that was as dreamy as her voice, "I'm Luna Lovegood and you are Primrose Potter."

Primrose brows raised, "Yes I am. Nice to meet you, Luna."

Luna looked over Primrose eyes lingering on the brushes on her face, she reached into her pocket and pulled something out, and put it in Primrose hand.

"Here it keeps away the wrack-spurts and the nargles."

Primrose looked down, confused, to find a butter-beer cork bracelet in her hand.

Primrose shallowed harshly, eyes becoming blurry, "Thank you, Luna."

Luna nods before skipping away.

Regulus smiles, the Luna girl reminds him of a very dear friend of his.

[Snow was falling thickly upon the castle and its grounds now. The house elves down in the kitchen were outdoing themselves with a series of rich, warming stews and savory puddings, and only Fleur Delacour seemed to be able to find anything to complain about.]

"It is too 'heavy, all zis 'Hogwarts food," The golden trio heard her saying grumpily as they left the Great Hall behind her one evening (Ron skulking behind Harry, keen not to be spotted by Fleur).

Molly scrunches her nose in distaste.

"I will not fit into my dress robes!"  

"Oooh there's a tragedy," Hermione snapped as Fleur went out into the entrance hall. "She really thinks a lot of herself, that one, doesn't she?"

"Why is she hating? Whatever did she do to her?"

"Hermione — who are you going to the ball with?" said Ron. He kept springing this question on her, hoping to startle her into a response by asking it when she least expected it.

"Oh give up kid, it's just pathetic," Dorcas muttered.

However, Hermione merely frowned and said, "I'm not telling you, you'll just make fun of me."   

"You're joking, Weasley!" said Malfoy, behind them. "You're not telling me someone's asked that to the ball?"

Harry and Ron both whipped around, but Someone had said loudly, over Malfoy's shoulder, "Hello, Professor Moody!"