Chapter eighteen

Car Rescue/ the burrow

(Not edited)

Petunia and Dudley watch as Vernon drills bars into the twin's bedroom window.

Vernon turns to glare at the twins after tightening the bars, they glare back at him through the window, but primroses hair starts to get red streaks in it, " You're never going back to that school. You're never going to see those freaky friends of yours again. Never!"

Sirius, James, and Lily glared at the screen.

Remus tries to calm them.

She scoffs, "you wanna bet walrus?"

Barty sighs, "I wish I could be friends with her."

Later that evening, as Harry is asleep in bed, Primrose is staring at her hair which still has red streaks in it, she hears what sounds like a car engine outside making her quickly shake her twin up.

Harry instantly jumps out of bed and puts on his glasses, as he walks to the window with prim right behind him. Looking out the window, they see a strange object moving through the sky.

As he looks, the object appears to be a shooting star, before turning into two beams of light. A turquoise Ford Anglia car flies to the twins' bedroom window, then turns to the right as Harry, Prim, and Hedwig silently watch. In the Ford Anglia is Ron, accompanied by his older twin brothers, Fred and George.

"Is that a flying car?" Evan asks, shocked

"No you idiot, it's a shooting star"

Ron looks at Harry through the bars on the window, "Hiya, Harry."

Mollys and Arthur's eyes widened,

Harry looks surprised to see his friends, "Ron, Fred, George, what are you all doing here?"

Ron looks at harry like he's bizarre, "Rescuing you two, of course. Now, come on. Get your trunk!"

Ron puts a hook at the bars on the window "You'd better stand back." Harry steps back as Ron turns to the twin in the driver's seat, "Let's go!"

Har­ry moved back in­to the shad­ows next to his sister. The car revved loud­er and loud­er and sud­den­ly, with a crunch­ing noise, the bars were pulled clean out of the win­dow as Fred drove straight up in the air.

Regulus sighed, "I'm still upset that she didn't beat his ass last year."

Barty patted his back, "cheer up mate, there's always this year,"

Har­ry ran back to the win­dow to see the bars dan­gling a few feet above the ground. Pant­ing, Ron hoist­ed them up in­to the car. Har­ry lis­tened anx­ious­ly, but there was no sound from the Durs­leys' bed­room.

When the bars were safe­ly in the back seat with Ron, Fred re­versed as close as pos­si­ble to the twins win­dow.

"Get in," Ron said.

"But all our Hog­warts stuff — my wand — my broom­stick —"

"Where is it?"

"Locked in the cup­board un­der the stairs, and We can't get out of this room —" Primrose began  but was cut off

"No prob­lem," said George from the front pas­sen­ger seat. "Out of the way, Har­ry."

Fred and George climbed cat­like through the win­dow in­to the room. George took an or­di­nary hair­pin from his pock­et and start­ed to pick the lock.