Chapter Fourty Six

Mad eye moody

(Not edited)
[Everyone is settled in the great hall]

Dumbledore stands up and smiles, "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen.."

Lily groans, "Nooo..."

Marlene rubs her back, "I'm sure it will all be fine lils."

Dorcas shakes her head, "When is it ever."

Flinch runs up the aisle limping comically, he whispers something to Dumbledore and leaves in the same fashion.

James bites his lip trying to not let out a laugh but makes eye contact with Sirius and they both lose it.

Euphemia glares at her boys making them immediately stop.

Primrose frowns at the teacher's table, there was an empty seat. "Where's the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?"

Theo grins, "Maybe they couldn't get anyone!"

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime."

Lily groans once again.

Dumbledore raises his eyebrows

Evan pouts, "Why can't Hogwarts be this fun while we're in school."

"Please. Rosier, you wouldn't survive anything these kids have done." Rabastan scoffs.

A few gasp as a group of girls dressed in blue dance up the aisle and release butterflies into the air. They bow and everyone applauds. They move out of the way to reveal their headmistress.

Their headmistress was roughly around the same height as Hagrid. She had a handsome, olive-skinned face; large, black, liquid-looking eyes; and a rather beaky nose. Her hair was drawn back in a shining knob at the base of her neck.

"Blimey, that's one big woman."

"Bloody hell."

She walked forward toward Dumbledore, extending a glittering hand. Dumbledore, though tall himself, had barely to bend to kiss it.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff"

A series of older boys walk up the aisle brandishing bo staffs, twirling them around and periodically stabbing them into the ground with a spark effect.

Ron looks like he's about to faint, "Blimey it's him, Viktor Krum!"

A boy with raven black hair and high cheekbones locks eyes with primrose and winks.